Need Loan, Any Interest

Old August 3rd 05, 09:01 AM
Gems

Default Need Loan, Any Interest

I desperately need a $20,000 loan to get my credit back into shape.
It's out of control and I need at least $1,000 right now just to keep a
roof over my head. Name your interest.
Or, if you just want to help... you can paypal me --

Thanks a bunch.

Old August 3rd 05, 11:58 AM
Scott

Whaaa? Getting MORE into debt to repair a credit problem? Sounds like
a temp fix rather than a solution. If you can't make the original
payments, how would I feel secure that you would make the new payments?

Nice try...

Old August 3rd 05, 06:57 PM
Doc Font

In article . com,
"Gems" wrote:

I desperately need a $20,000 loan to get my credit back into shape.
It's out of control and I need at least $1,000 right now just to keep a
roof over my head. Name your interest.
Or, if you just want to help... you can paypal me --

Thanks a bunch.

Seems to me you already live in a world with dozens of agencies for
support. Check with catholic social services for help with utilities. If
you are a veteran, they have programs to help with rent to keep you from
being homeless. There are credit counseling agencies who can organize
your payments and deal with creditors. There are various forms of
bankruptcy. If you have paypal, try selling stuff on ebay for extra
money. Food pantries give away food a couple times a month that help
your grocery bill.

Instead of asking for money, consider reading Iron John and what to do
in "the time of the ashes". Giving money to someone in your situation is
"enableing" them to avoid the consequences of their actions. Learning
things the hard way is a good way to make sure this doesn't happen again.

FWIW, I know what it is to lose it all. In my case I was responsible and
kept my bills paid. But my newborn had a stroke and the medical bills
were over $2million and none of it covered by insurance. Wiped us out.
Went from $50K + bonuses per year to food stamps in one step. My son got
all the therapy and stroke aftercare through the state of Ohio if I was
poor but not if I had income. A new job didn't help bacause the stroke
was a "preexisting condition" at that point. I just happen to fall into
a really weird catch-22 financial situation so my income had to be zero.
Poverty sucks but life is good.

On the off chance that there are people here who help others, I am not
asking directly for money, my 11 year old son and I are starting a
Woodys Pusher project. Low budget, one piece at a time for the next 6
years plan. The family gets by by being frugal so there is a bit left
over each month to put into the project. Some things that would help us
out would be some spruce or 4130 tubing if you have it to spare.
Materials and a set of oxy acetylene tanks would help the project more
than money. He's getting a good education running power tools in the
garage meanwhile. Tools I bought before everything fell apart. Started
him on the metal lathe last year. He's good enough with the woodworking
equipment that he actually makes things faster since I am now getting
the payback for the time I invested teaching him to use them in years
past.

Or if someone would like to sponser a great kid to EAA aviation camp
next spring, let me know. Young Eagles coupons would also help.

Hope "Gems" doesn't mind me piggy backing a request on the back of his
request for money. From the other responses, it didn't sound likely that
he was going to get any cash.

DocFont
Old August 5th 05, 12:47 AM
David Koehler

I don't know how it is where you live, but here in Texas, every other
commercial on TV is a Lawyer. They offer to sue anyone that may have wronged
you ever, I don't know if this includes high school, the girls that said
no... You can also do the Bankruptcy thing, the only people you have to pay
are the Lawyers that draw up the papers. They say your credit is ruined for
5 years, but you'll be getting credit apps in 6 months. Don't
worry,everything will be just like normal in no time.
I know, you don't want to hurt all the people that have credit cards and pay
their bills on time. Don't worry, if you don't, someone else will. Besides
Banks want you to do this so they can have an excuse to increase interest
rates. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know,
david
ups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 05:05 PM
SteveR SteveR is offline
Junior Member

Location: Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Koehler
You can also do the Bankruptcy thing, the only people you have to pay are the Lawyers that draw up the papers. They say your credit is ruined for 5 years, but you'll be getting credit apps in 6 months. Don't
worry,everything will be just like normal in no time. I know, you don't want to hurt all the people that have credit cards and pay their bills on time. Don't worry, if you don't, someone else will. Besides Banks want you to do this so they can have an excuse to increase interest rates. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know,
david
Yeah, nothing like being an irresponsible piece of crap. "If you don't, someone else will"? That is about the dumbest line of "logic" I've ever heard. If you think that way, then I you could justify anything. Its too bad that good work ethics and personal responisbility are a thing of the past for so many people. There are too many scumbags in the world today...
Old August 6th 05, 04:38 PM

Frank van der Hulst wrote:

I cannot believe it. A scam if ever I saw one, and it seems that there's
at least a few people who are taking it seriously.

The last time I tried to report a scammer using a PayPal account
to PayPal they refuse to accept the report, even by telephone!
No wonder people keep doing it.

--

FF

Old August 6th 05, 07:28 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Yeah, nothing like being an irresponsible piece of crap. "If you don't, someone else will"? That is about the dumbest line of "logic" I've ever heard. If you think that way, then I you could justify anything. Its too bad that good work ethics and personal responisbility are a thing of the past for so many people. There are too many scumbags in the world today...
Steve,

David was just being facicious. (I don't think I spelled that right.) I got it.

And btw, I totally agree with your last two sentences.
Old August 6th 05, 08:16 PM
videoguy

wrote in message
oups.com...

Frank van der Hulst wrote:

I cannot believe it. A scam if ever I saw one, and it seems that there's
at least a few people who are taking it seriously.

The last time I tried to report a scammer using a PayPal account
to PayPal they refuse to accept the report, even by telephone!
No wonder people keep doing it.

--

FF

I too was the victum of an eBay scammer. Neither eBay nor PayPal were the
SLIGHTEST bit interested in helping. To their discredit, eBay PRETENDED to
'investigate' the issue; but after a few weeks informed me that the seller
(scammer) was 'having difficulty' using the Square Trade website. Because
of this eBay informed me that as the seller was 'unable' to respond to the
complaint, there was nothing else eBay could do and was therefore closing
the file.

My experience with PayPal was similar to yours. I immediately closed my
Paypal account and paid their ridiculous fee to get MY money back to me. I
now will not make any purchases using Paypal, and I suspect they could care
less.

GWK