BWB remembered

Old July 13th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Monk

Default BWB remembered

I was cleaning out my emails and came across this little beauty from
BWB. Thought I'd share.

bwbill wrote:

I took my brother’s small boy Christopher with me to a shopping
mall the other day and I lost him for awhile.

He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my uncle
Billy."

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

Christopher replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big tits".

-Bill
Old July 13th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Monk schreef:

"Jack Daniels and women with big tits".

si non e vero, e ben trovato...

(if it be not true, at least it is well found/said)
Old July 13th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

bwbill wrote:

I took my brother’s small boy Christopher with me to a shopping
mall the other day and I lost him for awhile.

He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my uncle
Billy."

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

Christopher replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big tits".

-Bill

That's outstanding, and just part of one side of BWB's character.
Actually, the true beauty of that particular story is that the contraction
of "what is" and "what does" are both pronounced alike and written alike.

He once wrote a post about soaring with the eagles while on a hang glider
next to a cliff--and, if I didn't know better, I might have mistaken him for
a "green".

Peter

Old July 14th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 7/13/09 10:09 AM Peter Dohm said the following:
He once wrote a post about soaring with the eagles while on a hang glider
next to a cliff--and, if I didn't know better, I might have mistaken him for
a "green".

Must have been a rare sober moment. I think the reason he hated Sydney
so much was that she nailed him perfectly with this parable:

"A friend's neighbor has a pot-bellied pig. 5 years ago it was
funny and entertaining and more-or-less fit to come in the
living room. Now it's a big stanky porker which smushes the
veggies and tears up the flower beds every time it gets loose,
and it's just not going to be able to revert to anything else
no matter how much they wish it would."
Old July 14th 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
ທ້າວໄຂ່ມືດ

On Jul 13, 7:44*pm, Rich Ahrens wrote:
on 7/13/09 10:09 AM Peter Dohm said the following:

He once wrote a post about soaring with the eagles while on a hang glider
next to a cliff--and, if I didn't know better, I might have mistaken him for
a "green".

Must have been a rare sober moment. I think the reason he hated Sydney
so much was that she nailed him perfectly with this parable:

"A friend's neighbor has a pot-bellied pig. *5 years ago it was
funny and entertaining and more-or-less fit to come in the
living room. *Now it's a big stanky porker which smushes the
veggies and tears up the flower beds every time it gets loose,
and it's just not going to be able to revert to anything else
no matter how much they wish it would."

lol I've had my moments with El Senior Phillips. I even thought
about punching him one in the mouth. I got over it. He had his flaws
just like the rest of us.

Old July 14th 09, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Bruce A. Frank

Bill had flaws???

Old July 14th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,re c.aviation.piloting
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:43 AM
Subject: BWB remembered

bwbill wrote:

I took my brother’s small boy Christopher with me to a shopping
mall the other day and I lost him for awhile.

He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my uncle
Billy."

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

Christopher replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big tits".

-Bill

I must have missed something, who is BWB and what happened?

Old July 15th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:43 AM

bwbill wrote:

* *I took my brother’s small boy Christopher with me to a shopping
mall the other day and I lost him for awhile.

* *He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my uncle
Billy."

* *The cop asked, "What's he like?"

* *Christopher replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big tits".

* *-Bill

I must have missed something, who is BWB and what happened?- Hide quoted text -

BWB aka. Badwater Bill Phillips was a long term participant in the
rec.aviation.homebuilt newsgroup and was either loved, hated with a
passion, or some combination of both at the same time. He was a
builder, a flyer, a boastful and arrogant sob, a great friend, and
generally a real character. His greatest claim to fame would be
considered by some as his unique ability to stir up controversy and he
did a lot of that. While others would call him the friend you would
always want to have if you needed one.

Bill and his wife were involved in a crash of his Lancair last year.
Bill was killed and his wife seriously injured. Many of us have some
fond memories of Bill while others not so fond. Each will carry our
own opinions while at the same time regretting his passing. He will
be missed.
Old July 16th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:43 AM

bwbill wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear about his passing. Sounds like he was a
perfect fit for Usenet.