Let's move on

Old August 14th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Default Let's move on

Anthony will never admit he's wrong, even though he's asked some of the most
naive and ignorant questions, ones that truly demonstrate his lack of
knowledge and experience.

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of America, a
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was ruined by
Anthony and his likes.

The discussions are related to and about flying, with reasonable discourse
and even disagreement. At least it appears that the posters respect each
other for the fact that they actually fly and have experienced the real
thing.

During my brief participation, I have never seen it descend into the usual
trolling that Anthony thrives on.

So, give it a try at Pilots of America and let Anthony argue with himself
and the other wannabes.

Old August 14th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of America, a
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was ruined by
Anthony and his likes.

It wasn't so much ruined by Mx as much as those who cannot take a pass on
endlessly arguing with him over some ridiculous detail, or have made it
their mission to expose him as a non-pilot, all with the seemingly honorable
goal of protecting the helpless student who might read something here and
then die as a result.

What a crock. Anyone with half a brain knows how to treat information
posted on a newsgroup, or anywhere else online for that matter. They don't
need help from a few crusaders.

Old August 14th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Viperdoc,

I suggest joining Pilots of America

Well, from where I sit, the title is somewhat exclusive...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 14th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Aug 14, 7:59*pm, "Tim" wrote:
"Viperdoc" wrote

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of America, a
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was ruined by
Anthony and his likes.

It wasn't so much ruined by Mx as much as those who cannot take a pass on
endlessly arguing with him over some ridiculous detail, or have made it
their mission to expose him as a non-pilot, all with the seemingly honorable
goal of protecting the helpless student who might read something here and
then die as a result.

What a crock. *Anyone with half a brain knows how to treat information
posted on a newsgroup, or anywhere else online for that matter. *They don't
need help from a few crusaders.

I tend to agree. But I refuse to respond to him , not because he is
not a pilot or because he poses a risk to students or that he wants to
engage in endless argument, there are others that do that also. I
dont mind a robust debate myself ,its all part of the learning
process. No I just refuse to debate with him simply because of his
intellectually dishonesty ( some would say disability). If I have a
debate I expect the outcome to be one of 3 possibilities.

1. I have been proved wrong and I acknowledge that and appreciate the
fact that
I have learned something
2. I have proved the other person wrong, and they acknowledge that
and I gain
some personal satisfaction that I have helped someone, and that
perhaps
in 200 or so hours of piloting an aeroplane I might have actually
learned a thing
or two. .
3. The debate is about something that there is no right or wrong
answer and both
parties agree to disagree.

The outcome of a debate with Mxs is rarely any of the above the 3.
He has a total inability to admit he is wrong. He will either deny it
or try to deceitfully change the topic of what was disagreed with.
He is just a total waste of oxygen. Its a free choice of course but I
highly reccommend the ignore approach.
Terry
PPL Downunder

Old August 14th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

The ignore approach has been advocated, but there will always be someone who
takes the bait, and this starts the endless cycle again.

Hey, I could care less whether anyone chooses to lurk here and watch the
repetitive and useless interaction with someone who has no experience and
nothing to offer. I simply offered the alternative, which is Pilots of
America, and other boards, that are actually focused on aviation related
topics, and not Anthony.

Old August 14th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"terry" wrote

The outcome of a debate with Mxs is rarely any of the above the 3.
He has a total inability to admit he is wrong. He will either deny it
or try to deceitfully change the topic of what was disagreed with.

Terry
PPL Downunder

Right, and everyone here knows it. The mystery is why anyone would attempt
to prove a point one way or another with him when they know this going in,
and yet the same people do it over and over and over again.

Old August 14th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 14, 8:14*am, "Tim" wrote:
"terry" wrote

The outcome of a debate with Mxs is rarely any of the above the 3.
He has a total inability to admit he is wrong. *He will either deny it
or try to deceitfully change the topic of what was disagreed with.

Terry
PPL Downunder

Right, and everyone here knows it. *The mystery is why anyone would attempt
to prove a point one way or another with him when they know this going in,
and yet the same people do it over and over and over again.

I've played with the troll, but it's stopped being fun. He and the
threads have gotten boring.
Old August 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Viperdoc,

I suggest joining Pilots of America

Well, from where I sit, the title is somewhat exclusive...

The title simply states the host of the group. ALL pilots are welcome
there. Pilots post there from all over the world.
Give it a try. It's on topic and avoids the usual Usenet issues.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 14th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:57:57 +0200, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Viperdoc,

I suggest joining Pilots of America

Well, from where I sit, the title is somewhat exclusive...

ditto

Old August 14th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Stealth Pilot wrote:

I suggest joining Pilots of America

Well, from where I sit, the title is somewhat exclusive...

ditto

Which is more important, the title of the web-based forum
or lack of usenet sewerage?

(of course, I would prefer to have the usenet participants
behave themselves, but I'm not holding my breath...)

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)