ventus tailwheel

Old January 4th 20, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ventus tailwheel

Does anyone know a US source for the solid-tire tailwheel of a 2003 Ventus 2cxm (steerable)? Its marked Downey California, but the maker's name is worn away.
Old January 4th 20, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Measure the inner and outer diameter.Â* You may be able to find one at a
wheel chair supply store.Â* I put one on the tail dolly of my Stemme and
it works fine, though it doesn't go as fast as a glider tail wheel.Â*
Still, at the price, it may be worth a look.

--
Dan, 5J
Old January 5th 20, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

This is serendipitous - I was just about to start a new thread to ask
pretty
much the same question: is it reasonable and acceptable to the
manufacturer, the regulator and insurers if I replace the pneumatic
tailwheel of my Ventus with a solid one?

My initial thought is that the loss of protection from impacts would be bad

for the structure, but then a solid tire can't be much worse than a solid
skid, can it? The only difference I can see is that the skid might spread
the
load, rather than transferring it through the axle mountings?

Tailwheel soartech[_2_] Soaring 28 December 13th 12 11:41 PM
Tailwheel ID R. Mueller Aviation Marketplace 2 February 5th 08 10:25 PM
tailwheel [email protected] Soaring 6 December 16th 06 12:46 PM
wanted scott 3200 tailwheel /alaskan bushwheel tailwheel phillip9 Aviation Marketplace 0 June 6th 06 07:57 PM
First Tailwheel!! W P Dixon Piloting 9 May 9th 05 09:07 PM