AVier Display Pin-outs / Specifications ..

Old January 7th 20, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default AVier Display Pin-outs / Specifications ..

Does anyone have the pin-out diagram / specifications for the AVier navigation display unit? It's an old unit, and I'm looking for a suitable display for my Cambridge 302A data logger. A fellow club member gave me an AVier display to evaluate, but none of the cables provided with the AVier unit have a correct interface with the 302A, so I'm trying to manufacture an appropriate cable for this interface. The 302A data output is a 9-pin connector, and the AVier appears to be a mini-USB input connector. Thanks in advance for your help!

Boomer
Uber Fluggen (N16UF)
Old January 7th 20, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The DB-9 on the 302 is a standard RS-232 interface so if you want to connect it to any device like the Avier that is expecting USB you'll need to do a data conversion in between. Cumulus-Soaring sells their Goddard branded cables that will do this conversion. I think the website calls it a 302 to Oudie cable but I believe its the same thing - just a simple USB conversion.. The 302 RJ-45 port outputs I^2C so a similar conversion box could be built with an RS-232 to TTL converter and an Arduino if you wanted to get deep into the weeds. Are you in the USA? I have one of the Cumulus Goddard 302 to Oudie cables I don't need if you're interested in trying that route. Make me an offer.

Robert

Old January 7th 20, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 8:13:47 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Does anyone have the pin-out diagram / specifications for the AVier navigation display unit? It's an old unit, and I'm looking for a suitable display for my Cambridge 302A data logger. A fellow club member gave me an AVier display to evaluate, but none of the cables provided with the AVier unit have a correct interface with the 302A, so I'm trying to manufacture an appropriate cable for this interface. The 302A data output is a 9-pin connector, and the AVier appears to be a mini-USB input connector. Thanks in advance for your help!

Boomer
Uber Fluggen (N16UF)

Boomer,

PM me at my gmail address. I have pinouts and wiring examples.

nimbus3mail
Craig

Old January 8th 20, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 5:06:35 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Hi Robert,

I was connecting to a V7 (S7) so RS232 wasn't an issue. The Avier (Vertica V2) uses an oddball 10 pin mini-usb. I'm happy to share the documentation I saved from the devices if anyone wants.

Craig

I need the pin outs for TRU-2 A/A rate of turn gyro Dan[_12_] Home Built 4 December 24th 10 01:46 AM
urgent help req. pin outs or manual for king ktr 900 Stevenatherton General Aviation 0 November 20th 04 05:24 PM
Simulated Engine Outs BoDEAN Piloting 46 February 18th 04 05:01 PM
Pin Outs DB9 Peschges VP8 Richard Pfiffner Soaring 0 January 5th 04 02:40 PM
Connecting Rod Specifications Cambridge_Flyer Home Built 4 November 18th 03 11:54 AM