Military Base Closures

Old February 13th 05, 05:06 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"J D" wrote:

"Tank Fixer" wrote

Why did you snip out what I wrote ?
I DID NOT write that part above.

This is what you wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a source of information - a website perhaps -
that can educate me on the military base closure process and help me
understand what states and/or bases are most in competition with
Okalahoma? I would like to campaign for base closures in Oklahoma -
any suggestions are welcome.

And I chose to respond to this:

I would like to campaign for base closures in Oklahoma -

By adding: I think they should be closed too!

Any questions? Class dismissed!

Dismissed a tad to early, JD. The person who actually wrote what
you claim Tank Fixer wrote was:

In article
. com,
"Fastfwd" wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a source of information - a website perhaps -
that can educate me on the military base closure process and help me
understand what states and/or bases are most in competition with
Okalahoma? I would like to campaign for base closures in Oklahoma -
any suggestions are welcome.

Even though class has been dismissed, you get to sit in the
corner for another hour, with a dunce cap on your head, JD.

If you don't know how to keep your attributions and quotes on
followup posts straight, maybe you should refrain from posting on
Usenet for a while. That way, it will take longer for people to
find out that you are dumb as a rock.
--
OJ III
Old February 14th 05, 10:58 AM

Try this link:
http://www.g2mil.com/2005.htm [www.g2.mil is something quite
different!]
although this on-line magazine smells a bit with just another "theory
of conspiracy";-)

By the way, the editor gives some reasons for closing MCAS Miramar.
Realistic, though not fully convinceable...

Best regards,

Jacek Zemlo

Old February 14th 05, 01:04 PM
John Carrier

wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this link:
http://www.g2mil.com/2005.htm [www.g2.mil is something quite
different!]
although this on-line magazine smells a bit with just another "theory
of conspiracy";-)

By the way, the editor gives some reasons for closing MCAS Miramar.
Realistic, though not fully convinceable...

g2mil.com is a vanity web site expressing its owner's highly questionable
(but he's got a zillion of 'em) opinions. His "list" has been circulated by
a Navy deputy undersecretary, as a "leaked" DoD document, and multiple times
as an unofficial BRAC list.

The "list's" author's credentials: former (not career) Marine would made it
up to Captain and who's hobby is military affairs. Good for him.

The Marine Corps has traditionally based its air assets in close proximity
to the troops those assets will support. IIRC, Camp Pendleton is the hub of
USMC west coast and I suspect the service likes having a big slice of Marine
Air at Miramar (where it is convenient to many operating areas and targets
and a short hop to 29 Palms).

Jointness and Transformation are the guiding principles of BRAC 2005. It'll
be interesting to see if the list (Due in mid-May) reflects that kind of
thinking or merely regurgitates much of the flawed logic of BRAC 1993/5.

R / John