Military Base Closures

Old February 4th 05, 07:54 AM
Fastfwd

"KENG" wrote in message
.com...

Lemee see if I understand what your are saying... You REALLY want to work
for the military, but not in OK (where you are now), and you are willing
to destroy thousands of other lives so you can achieve your goal of moving
away from mommy and daddy.

http://www.defenselink.mil/brac/

http://www.oksenate.gov/publications...acilities.html

No, I don't give a **** about working for the military and there are going
to be base closures somewhere more than likely as far as I know. I'd like
to see them closed here and you don't have a ****ing clue as to why. I hate
Oklahoma..... Actually, I'm not real high on this country right now and I'm
thinking of a way to feel a little better about it. I have every reason to
wish for Oklahoma to be the state to lose its bases over another state. So,
no, you don't understand.

You can think whatever you want about it. I asked a pretty straightforward
question. I'm looking for information that might lead me to better
understand which bases are most likely on the chopping block in competition
with Oklahoma. If I can in any way help that state to have an edge - I
think that might make me feel at home there. I sure don't feel at home here
and I don't think I ever will. It's a 'free' country right? I can move
about it as I like, right? If I think 'dirty politics' or what the ****
ever they think they are doing here are being played against me then I
should be free to campaign for another state to win a bidding to escape
realignment or closure. Possibly helping to 'save' thousands of lives for
another state might be appreciated there - wherever that might be. There is
simply no degree of reasoning with an unfortunate number of people in
Oklahoma and monumental efforts have been made.

Dirty politics hardly describes what I believe is going on here... there is
truly as near a Gestapo like activity as I would ever want to believe occurs
out in the open in the United States. I hold out hope that other states don't
operate in this manner or this country is in a disgraceful condition. I
would hope that people who have fought for this country or are facing
fighting for this country would frown upon the state of affairs here and be
willing to consider taking their business elsewhere. Maybe not, but I've
really got not much to lose in finding out.

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies

THX 1138

Old February 4th 05, 01:10 PM
Noah Little

Fastfwd wrote:
Dirty politics hardly describes what I believe is going on here...

there is
truly as near a Gestapo like activity as I would ever want to believe occurs
out in the open in the United States. I hold out hope that other states don't
operate in this manner or this country is in a disgraceful condition. I
would hope that people who have fought for this country or are facing
fighting for this country would frown upon the state of affairs here and be
willing to consider taking their business elsewhere. Maybe not, but I've
really got not much to lose in finding out.

Before embarking on drastic action, consider that the problem could be
as simple as your tinfoil hat being too tight.

--
Noah
Old February 4th 05, 02:07 PM
Fastfwd

"Noah Little" wrote in message

Fastfwd wrote:
Dirty politics hardly describes what I believe is going on here...

there is
truly as near a Gestapo like activity as I would ever want to believe
occurs out in the open in the United States. I hold out hope that other
states don't operate in this manner or this country is in a disgraceful
condition. I would hope that people who have fought for this country or
are facing fighting for this country would frown upon the state of
affairs here and be willing to consider taking their business elsewhere.
Maybe not, but I've really got not much to lose in finding out.

Before embarking on drastic action, consider that the problem could be as
simple as your tinfoil hat being too tight.

--
Noah

I'll take that into consideration. In fact, I think my signature indicates
that I have. I'll let the prospective states on the chopping block consider
that. I could be a liability to their cause. A state bitter about their
loss of a base may be a more hospitable place in the end - without any
intervention from me. Either way - it's an option for me to explore rather
than sitting idle and seeing what happens until I'm nearly 40 years old.

Old February 4th 05, 02:38 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Fastfwd" wrote:

(snip)

Dirty politics hardly describes what I believe is going on here... there is
truly as near a Gestapo like activity as I would ever want to believe occurs
out in the open in the United States. I hold out hope that other states
don't
operate in this manner or this country is in a disgraceful condition. I
would hope that people who have fought for this country or are facing
fighting for this country would frown upon the state of affairs here and be
willing to consider taking their business elsewhere. Maybe not, but I've
really got not much to lose in finding out.

If you think that oklahoma politics are bad, try the People's Republik
of Kalifornia! There, the likes of Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi and
their cohorts hold the reins of power -- Arnold Schwartzenegger
notwithstanding.
Old February 4th 05, 06:11 PM
Fastfwd

(snip)

[...]

You have no idea.....

Old February 4th 05, 07:36 PM
Fastfwd

[...]

Thanks for the heads up tho....

Old February 4th 05, 09:16 PM
KENG

I'm sorry I misunderstood your motivation.... Here's the door, don't let
the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out. I hear Canada is nice,
maybe France...

KenG

Old February 12th 05, 05:09 PM
J D

"Tank Fixer" wrote in message
k.net...
In article . com,
on 3 Feb 2005 12:22:09 -0800,
Fastfwd attempted to say .....

I would like to campaign for base closures in Oklahoma -

I think they should be closed too!

JD