Air Force One

Old July 8th 03, 01:41 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Grumman581 wrote:

So, would it therefore be called "Homey One"?

No - "Homely One".

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel
Old July 8th 03, 11:30 AM
Cub Driver

Actually, it was 1915, when the Revenue Cutter Service and the Lifesaving
Service were merged to form the Coast Guard.

I suppose you also maintain that the United States didn't have an air
force before September 1947?

Sheez. Put him in the kill file!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub
Old July 8th 03, 12:15 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"scott" wrote in message

Why does everyone feel the need to point this out?

Because not everyone understands it.

Old July 8th 03, 12:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

I suppose you also maintain that the United States didn't have an air
force before September 1947?

I suppose you maintain that the USAF was established in 1907.

Old July 8th 03, 05:39 PM
Bob Myers

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

If it were an Air Force aircraft, at least.

Air Force One is always an Air Force aircraft.

Yes, that was the whole point, you see....

Bob M.

Old July 8th 03, 05:49 PM
DALing

sure, when it's other than the 747, but "THE" AF-1 has more than 2 engines
(not getting into the semantic argument that AF-1 is whatever USAF aircraft
el presidente just happens to be aboard, no matter how many engines it has)

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"DALing" daling43[delete]-at-hotmail.com wrote in message

not urban legend, it's true (but "more than _2_", not _4_)

No, it's not true. At times Air Force One is a twin.

Old July 8th 03, 05:50 PM
DALing

sorry, coast guard was an arm of the treasury (customs) and responsible for
interdicting smuggling and attending lighthouses and other duties

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

The Coast Guard also maintains that they were present as an armed force
in the pre-revolutionary times before the Army and the Navy.

Hmmm.... I don't see how, the USCG wasn't formed until sometime in the
1920s, I believe.

Old July 8th 03, 06:15 PM
Ron Natalie

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message ...
Javier Henderson wrote:

I don't know where you're going with this. As far as the plane with
the US president goes, I don't have a problem with him getting special
treatment, due to security considerations.

enjoy the next 5 days. He is in Africa. So no presidential TFR. :-)

The DC one is still here.

Old July 8th 03, 06:35 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

Yes, that was the whole point, you see....

Apparently you weren't following the thread very closely.