Online study guides

Old February 22nd 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Danny Deger

Default Online study guides

I am looking for places on-line to study for my upcoming biannual for a
private certificate. Any ideas out there. Does the FAA post the list of
questions on-line?

Danny Deger

Old February 22nd 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark Hansen

On 02/22/07 09:05, Danny Deger wrote:
I am looking for places on-line to study for my upcoming biannual for a
private certificate. Any ideas out there. Does the FAA post the list of
questions on-line?

Danny Deger

The PTS should give you everything you want:

http://www.faa.gov/education_research/testing/airmen/test_standards/pilot/private/

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old February 22nd 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Gardner

The instructor giving you the flight review must give you one hour of flight
training and one hour of ground training. No written test is involved, and
thus there is no list of questions. FAR 61.56 is the reference.

Bob Gardner

Old February 22nd 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Andrew Sarangan

On Feb 22, 12:05 pm, "Danny Deger" wrote:
I am looking for places on-line to study for my upcoming biannual for a
private certificate. Any ideas out there. Does the FAA post the list of
questions on-line?

Danny Deger

The instructor will review the relevant flight rules from part 91, as
well as anything else that he feels important for your flying. It is a
much more relaxed environment than a checkride. Also, this is not
strictly a test; but it is dual instruction. If you have been
regularly flying for the past two years, you have little to worry
about.

Old February 22nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Danny Deger

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 22, 12:05 pm, "Danny Deger" wrote:
I am looking for places on-line to study for my upcoming biannual for a
private certificate. Any ideas out there. Does the FAA post the list of
questions on-line?

Danny Deger

The instructor will review the relevant flight rules from part 91, as
well as anything else that he feels important for your flying. It is a
much more relaxed environment than a checkride. Also, this is not
strictly a test; but it is dual instruction. If you have been
regularly flying for the past two years, you have little to worry
about.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been flying in about 10 years, so I need to
brush up on the regs a bit. And some of them have changed I know. I
currently have a private, but medical out of date, so will actually be going
for a Light Sport Aviation ticket. I plan to buy an older Taylorcraft and
fly under the sport aviation rules.

Danny Deger

Old February 22nd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim B

Check this link out Danny: http://www.aopa.org/learntofly/getback.html
Jim

Old February 22nd 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

Danny Deger wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been flying in about 10 years, so I
need to brush up on the regs a bit. And some of them have changed I
know. I currently have a private, but medical out of date, so will
actually be going for a Light Sport Aviation ticket. I plan to buy
an older Taylorcraft and fly under the sport aviation rules.

Danny Deger

Dry this one. It's not free but the first of 8 lessons is.

https://www.gleim.com/aviation/private/online/

Old February 22nd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote

Dry this one. It's not free but the first of 8 lessons is.

https://www.gleim.com/aviation/private/online/

Bad idea. I think you are all wet! g

Sorry, but if I didn't do it, someone else would have! ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

Morgans wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote

Dry this one. It's not free but the first of 8 lessons is.

https://www.gleim.com/aviation/private/online/

Bad idea. I think you are all wet! g

Sorry, but if I didn't do it, someone else would have! ;-)\

Thank God I fly better than I type.

Old February 22nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Journeyman

On 2007-02-22, Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Morgans wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote

Dry this one. It's not free but the first of 8 lessons is.

https://www.gleim.com/aviation/private/online/

Bad idea. I think you are all wet! g

Sorry, but if I didn't do it, someone else would have! ;-)\

Thank God I fly better than I type.

That's probably because you're not type rated.

Morris g,d,rlh

Sonerai Wing Plans for study? rocketeer Home Built 5 January 1st 06 11:22 PM
Avionics guides John T Home Built 3 November 24th 05 03:10 PM
faa home study graduation certificate Falky foo Piloting 19 February 10th 05 11:38 PM
AT-38C Oil Study Finished ... Wade Meyers Military Aviation 0 August 6th 04 02:37 PM
Airport guides on video? Philip Sondericker Piloting 2 April 16th 04 02:52 AM