I want a PZL K-13 compass

Old September 9th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Archer

Default I want a PZL K-13 compass

Before I buy a new one, I'm wondering if anyone has one in good condition
for our Kestrel. We have the mount, the housing (yes, the actual compass)
shattered and I found it on the cockpit floor. Yes, possibly an overfill
issue, read about that on here recently. The glider came from a coastal
area and then we flew it out of Tonopah at 17k for a week. Found the
compass broken after trailering home.

thanks
Old September 9th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Sep 9, 8:23 am, Jim Archer wrote:
Before I buy a new one, I'm wondering if anyone has one in good condition
for our Kestrel. We have the mount, the housing (yes, the actual compass)
shattered and I found it on the cockpit floor. Yes, possibly an overfill
issue, read about that on here recently. The glider came from a coastal
area and then we flew it out of Tonopah at 17k for a week. Found the
compass broken after trailering home.

thanks

Jim,

I just bought one for $27 inc shipping on ebay, although it is the
Russian version (funny characters instead of N,S E, and W). I would
keep checking there for one before paying $400 or whatever the current
rediculous price is for this little (cheaply made) piece of plastic.

On ebay, I usually see the Russian/soviet versions for closer to $100
and they are not uncommon. If the Russian characters bugged you, you
could put your English dial in the new housing. If you don't go that
route, do you want to give/sell me your broken one so I can use the
dial?

If you are buying it for a glareshield ornament, there are cheaper
options (like the $5 gas station compass ball...). If you actually use
it for navigation you may consider a vertical card compass (PAI-700's
are actually cheaper than new K-13's!) if you can afford the panel
space or view blockage if it's glareshield mounted...

-Paul
(510) 535-1946

PS. any other broken K-13's out there anyone wants to give/sell me if
Jim decides to hold out?
Old June 6th 11, 08:03 PM
ccchenoweth ccchenoweth is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu1a View Post
[...]

I'm also looking for a new or used PZL KI-13A compass for glider. Anyone find a source for buying... or have one for sale?
Curt

WTB: PZL KI-13 Compass Romeo Delta Soaring 1 October 30th 17 07:47 AM
Compass [email protected] Soaring 33 February 27th 08 01:43 AM
Compass for SZD-55 Steve Freeman Soaring 3 July 24th 07 02:13 AM
compass turns with high mounted compass (Cessna 152) Ray Instrument Flight Rules 22 April 7th 05 07:39 AM
Looking for a PZL compass Kirk Stant Soaring 8 February 12th 04 09:27 PM