Discus 2b cockpit comfort?

Old January 12th 04, 03:50 PM
K.P. Termaat

We have the new Ventus-2cxT. If I am well informed the cockpit size is the
same is that for the Nimbus-4 (T or M).
In my case with a jacket on, my shoulders just fit in. But I still have
plenty of room for my legs. With about 86 kg in weight and 1.78 m in length
I am not a big guy. My shoulder width fits to that but may be a little bit
oversized.

Karel, NL

"John Galloway" schreef in
bericht ...
At 02:30 12 January 2004, Mkeene221 wrote:

Also, Aldo mentions a DiscusC. Correct me if I'm wrong,
but so far there's
only an A, B, Bt and a future 18m.

Mark,

The not yet flown 18m Discus 2 is designated the Discus
2C. It and the Ventus 2 'X' versions have the same
cockpit because it originated as the Discus 2B cockpit.
I was told that this cockpit is stronger than that
of the original Ventus 2 but I don't know if it is
any bigger than it.

John Galloway

Old January 12th 04, 09:03 PM
tango4

The numbers came from his posting

I am 1.88 m long and 118 kg and I fit in nicely.

The max useful load and the max seat load are two completely different
things!

Ian

"MKEENE221" wrote in message
Add a parachute say 7kg, plus a litre of water and a bit of personal

kit - 2
kg and there you are at 127kg in the cockpit. 127 - 110 = 17 kg or about

15%
over the manufacturers specification. Hope you're registered

Experimental!

Not sure where those numbers came from, but lets do the math. Pilot at

205lbs.
(93kg), parachute 15lbs (7kg), even more drinking water for the desert

contests
(1US gal.) 8lbs (3.6kg). Now we're up to 228lbs (103.6kg). Assuming

he'll use
water ballast, add 2gal. water in tail and 8 lb tail weight and we're up

252lbs (114.5kg). According to my Discus 2 manual, that leaves him 18lbs.
(8kg) before he is up to the max useful load of 270lbs. (122.7kg).

Sounds like a nice fit to me. Plenty of room too, as I'm 6'2", 190 lbs.

and
very comfortable.

Mark Keene

Antonov vs Galaxy cockpit Emilio Military Aviation 13 July 2nd 04 06:15 AM
[LBA] Schempp-Hirth - Discus bT - Discus Frederic FUCHS Soaring 0 September 17th 03 08:42 AM
All Czech built Discus grounded Paul Soaring 0 September 14th 03 02:22 AM
18m Discus Burt Compton Soaring 2 September 8th 03 10:52 AM
Duo Discus Tech note Thomas Knauff Soaring 25 August 9th 03 10:10 PM