Mosquito Parts

Old June 26th 09, 02:35 PM
mike cramb mike cramb is offline
Junior Member

Wink Mosquito Parts

I have acquired some mosquito A parts and as I am using some of these on my B, I will have some B parts available as well.

* A elevators.
*A/B canopy with frame small crack at window.
*A tailplane some damage easy repair all intact.
*A flaps one side perfect the other minor damage.
*A rudder minor damage to skin.
* A rudder pedals.
*B ailerons.
* A/B canopy hinge and supports.
* A tailwheel and section of fuse surround it.

All the A parts were refinished in polyurethene only 2 flights before it was wrecked. I am using the carbon fibre ailerons on my B unless there is some unforeseen problem that wont allow this. email me for more details

Cheers
MIKE
Old June 27th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spam

Default Mosquito Parts

Hi Mike,

can you list your email again? It didn't come through...try replacing
the @ symbol with at next time.

Could your canopy hinge be mounted onto an ASW-15 canopy? My canopy
doesn't have a hinge. I wonder if I could retrofit mine to have a
hinge.

SA

Old June 27th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Jun 26, 6:19*pm, Spam wrote:
Hi Mike,

can you list your email again? *It didn't come through...try replacing
the @ symbol with at next time.

Could your canopy hinge be mounted onto an ASW-15 canopy? *My canopy
doesn't have a hinge. *I wonder if I could retrofit mine to have a
hinge.

SA

I designed, built and installed the forward canopy hinge installation
for my HP-24, I could send you pix of that if you want some ideas for
your ASW-15. The Apis I built also required me to fab and install some
of the components for the canopy hinge as well.

Both are fairly simple and might inspire you!

Brad
Old June 28th 09, 03:41 AM
mike cramb mike cramb is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam View Post
Hi Mike,

can you list your email again? It didn't come through...try replacing
the @ symbol with at next time.

Could your canopy hinge be mounted onto an ASW-15 canopy? My canopy
doesn't have a hinge. I wonder if I could retrofit mine to have a
hinge.

SA

Hi SA,

You could probably fit it but you are better off building your own. I would have a close look at a Mossie then copy the idea to the measurements required. Even better have a look at a HPH shark mechamism you could probably buy one direct from the factory new. They have a gas strut and dont require the side supports. The big problem will be making sure you can still jetison your canopy and jump out if required. Realy I would prefer to sell these parts to a Mossie owner to help keep one flying. Buy the way I am in West Australia. email mccrambatbigpond.com

Mike

Last edited by mike cramb : June 28th 09 at 03:42 AM. Reason: missed email
Old June 30th 09, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scarpelli

Mike,
I have a friend looking for a right aileron for his mosquito.
Could you email me directly.
thanks,

Peter

--
mike cramb

Old July 2nd 09, 09:39 AM
mike cramb mike cramb is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Scarpelli View Post

"mike cramb" wrote in message

[...]

Guys is there any one else out there with a broken Mosquito and wants to sell some parts, also any parts for a Phoebus. If you know of any or some one who has some bits give em a shove and tell them to get in contact with me or dob them in and give me there email.LOL

Mike

Last edited by mike cramb : July 2nd 09 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling