Kerry hiding his record

Old September 23rd 04, 10:54 PM
OXMORON1

Therasa wrote:
Despite the facts, the Kerry and DNC smear machine will continue to tilt
toward windmills. That is why Kerry will lose. They lie too much and people
know it.

Nope, it is all a setup.
Kerry is really a sacraficial lamb. He wages the fight against the incumbent
Bush, sets Bush up to win. Then in 2008 a new Republican candidate is up
against Hillary (who has four years to clean up her act). If Kerry were to win
in 2004, then Hillary wouldn't be in line to run in 2008 and in 2012 she would
be too old.

Damn!
Rick Clark
Old September 24th 04, 02:28 AM
Peter Stickney

In article .net,
"Dudley Henriques" writes:

(John S. Shinal)
Date: 9/23/2004 2:17 PM Central Daylight Time
Ed Rasimus wrote:

rationally as usual

4.) Bush spent his first two years of ANG duty full time attending
USAF pilot training, survival schools and operational qualification
in
the F-102. OOOOOOps. He was really flying jets and engaging in a
rather risky business.

Apparently he drank and partied some, too. Can you imagine a
young fighter pilot doing such a thing ? I am stunned, I tell you.

Hey, don't start rumours like that. All fighter pilots are modest,
chaste,
sober..... etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What amazes ME is that the extreme left apparently doesn't know much
about fighters either!!
If I was looking for a nice cushy safe non dangerous type airplane to
fly to avoid getting myself hurt because I was a flaming coward, the
Deuce would be the LAST fighter in the inventory I'd be happy to be
paired up with. Bush did a good job in the 102; not the easiest of
mounts for a young Lt to handle. The President is a member of a very
exclusive club of fighter pilots who got REAL up on subjects like
induced drag in turns and adverse yaw. Not to say the 102 was a killer,
but it DID take an above average driver to work the airplane properly,
and Bush is still here last time I looked !!!:-)

Just so, Dudley. If he were looking for a really cushy spot, there
were several Air National Guard Air Transport Squadrons in the region
at the time. The 181st ARefS in Texas was flying KC-97L Tankers, the 151st
MAS in Tennesee was flying C-97Gs as transports, The 105th MAS in
Tenessee was flying C-124s, as were the 125th MAS and 185th MAS in
Oklahoma, the 128th MAS and 158th MAS in Georgia, and the 183rd MAS in
Mississippi. If you wanted a cushy, no risk job, getting into one of
those units and raising and lowering the gear from the right seat
while watching the Flight Engineer twiddle the throttles as you get up
to stretch your legs seems like it. With the crew complements on
those beasts, nobody'd know if you were there or not.

(Note for the humor impaired: This is not intended in any way to
denigrate the job of the Load Warriors, or to make light of their
jobs. The ANG and Air Force Reserve transport units have been
important parts of out military air transportation system since the
early 1960s, flying important stuff anyplace the Active COmpnent has
flown. But that said, other than the slight but non-zero chance of
being attacked by a ravenous mob of cannibals (It happened in the
Congo in 1965), there wasn't much of a chance to get hurt. )

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old September 24th 04, 03:03 AM
Jim Yanik

wrote in
:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:44:09 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Bush has released "all his records" about four times now. Each time
with new things. And the last couple times on Court orders.

And he still managed to find new documents to release in reply to
the CBS story.

Bush released all his records just once. Once is all that anyone can
do.

Which is why by the fourth time it's transparently ridiculous for you
to be claiming such nonsense.

For a latest example:
Whitehouse may release more military records
The Washington Post ^ | 16 Sep 2004 | Michael Dobbs

Posted on 09/15/2004 10:17:11 PM PDT by Racehorse

In a related development, White House press secretary Scott McClellan
hinted that more documents regarding Bush's National Guard service may
soon be released. Asked whether officials in the White House have seen
unreleased documents, McClellan called that "a very real possibility."
Other officials with knowledge of the situation said more documents
had indeed been uncovered and would be released in the coming days.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Or a Feb. 11 2002 release:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...04/02/11/white
_house_releases_bushs_guard_records/

Or how about a Feb. 2004 release?
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/230302.shtml

Beginning to see how silly this is?

You'd also do well to read up on the AP litigation over his records.

First DOD claimed they could not find anymore records. Then the AP
informed the Court of the type of documents that should have been part
of the file and where they were supposed to be kept. Then the DOD
claimed they couldn't produce them all until after the election it was
just too much work. Then the court said this was unacceptable. Then
DOD claimed the records requested were destroyed by accident. And
then the records started coming out. Go figure.

- - - -
Just another albino black sheep

OK,here's what's happening;Bush signed the Form 180 (or whatever form
number it is),and then the USN went to work to release the records,but due
to the time passed,did not immediately find all of them.They release
anything they find as they are discovered.
Remember we're dealing with the military bureaucracy here,folks.Back when
records were PAPER or fiche,not computerized.

OTOH,Kerry refuses to sign the Form 180 for full release at all,merely
releasing what he wants to,*edited by his people*.
That's just as bad as CBS's forged documents.

Perhaps Kerry's witholding what could torpedo his campaign,and maybe even
his government career.

Only Kerry's signing the Form 180 will suffice.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old September 24th 04, 03:04 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message

The title of CinC does not entitle you to circumvent the law.

It did for the previous holder of that title.

Old September 24th 04, 03:07 AM
Jim Yanik

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in
:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

snip extremely well done common sense response from Ed

Why don't you guys get it? So, the forged documents aren't the
issue---it's the "true" story that can't be validated without the
forgery that's important.

I don't know, Ed--according to the DNC the real issue *is* the forged
documents. Terry McAuliffe has now gone on the record claiming that
the forgeries are *really* the work of a nefarious Republican dirty
tricks artist trying to besmirch the saintly name of the DNC and its
candidate. Which would of course be a double-rebound plot on a level
with the very best that Roger Ludlum or LeCarre could have come up
with...

The DNC is apparently cracking under the strain; no doubt the next
breathless refrain we'll hear from Terry will be a sputtering
denunciation of the VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy), as they try to
again explain how and what Joe Lockhart was doing talking to Burkett
after being asked to call him by CBS producer Mapes...amybe this time
with a more realistic explanation than the laughable one offered to
date.

Brooks

Hey,if the DemocRATs are that stupid to accept those obviously forged
documents,ignoring several experts,then they do not DESERVE to be in
control of the US of A.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old September 24th 04, 03:09 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message

Kerry sounded to me like someone who *wants* things in Iraq to be as bad
as
they can. I'm not sure this message will be received well by anyone to the
right of Kerry on the political spectrum.

Gee, let's see, to the right of Kerry would be........ an overwhelming
majority of American voters.

Old September 24th 04, 03:14 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"OXMORON1" wrote in message

Nope, it is all a setup.
Kerry is really a sacraficial lamb. He wages the fight against the
incumbent
Bush, sets Bush up to win. Then in 2008 a new Republican candidate is up
against Hillary (who has four years to clean up her act). If Kerry were to
win
in 2004, then Hillary wouldn't be in line to run in 2008 and in 2012 she
would
be too old.

Of course, before the 2008 election we'll have the 2006 election, where
Hillary will be up for reelection in the Senate. Who will run against her?
Recall that in 2000 Rudi Guilani was running for that seat before he was
diagnosed with cancer and withdrew. What if he decides to run again in
2006? He'd be a formidable opponent for Hillary. Will she be a viable
presidential candidate in 2008 if she's defeated in 2006?

Old September 24th 04, 07:14 AM
Hal Hanig

I meant to post this responsive message only in us.military.history and failed
to notice that it had been cross-posted to rec.aviation.military among other
NGs. I apologize for adding my comments on an obvious OT thread to the existing
clutter on the subject. Sorry.

Old September 24th 04, 11:02 AM
John

Hal Hanig wrote:

Charlie Tuna wrote:

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

wrote in message

Nope. He never signed a form 180.

Yes he did.

Face it if this was Clinton pulling this sort of BS you'd be having
hemorrhoids from the strain.

Clinton had no military records to release as he left the country to avoid
military service entirely.

A little thing called a 'Roads Scholarship' and the number of US
students that are offered one per year was (or still is) under 2 dozen
so accepting the offer got him a student deferment which was quite legal
and proper way of staying out of the war for at lest 4 years, longer if
you do post grad work. So don't pull that crap of him leaving the
country to 'dodge the draft'

Just to avoid confusion, I think you were referring to a Rhodes Scholarship.

No, I think he got it right. Clinton sure hit the "Road" to Great
Britain to protest, and then came back here to a college deferrment,
being the draft dodger he is.
Old September 24th 04, 02:13 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Hal Hanig" wrote in message
I meant to post this responsive message only in us.military.history and
failed to notice that it had been cross-posted to rec.aviation.military
among other NGs. I apologize for adding my comments on an obvious OT
thread to the existing clutter on the subject. Sorry.

Geeze, I wish you'd decide on one personna and stick to it. Or are you going
to reserve your "George Z Bush" identity for the off-topic posts like the
one you are decrying here?

Brooks