Cobra Trailer lights converting to 4-way flat--Help

Old October 26th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default Cobra Trailer lights converting to 4-way flat--Help

Got a new Cobra with a 7-blade. My vehicles use 4-way flat.
I was initially going to cut and install a 4way on the trailer, but hate to cut brand new plus thought if I install a combi on the vehicle I could tow others if a need arise. So, I find a vehicle combi at Lowe's, connect everything and ....only the left side works.
Tips, ideas, hammer size?
Thanks
Old October 26th 17, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Email direct if you like...

Old October 26th 17, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Hook up both the black and brown wires to your vehicle's tail lights.

Cobra Trailer wiring:

COLOR CODE: USE:
White Ground
Black / Brown Tail / Side
Red Brake
Yellow Left Turn
Green Right Turn
Blue Aux

I just wired a new car which had the lousy American standard tail lights to work with International standard lighting, as used in the Cobra. Used a Curt 2- to 3-wire converter available from E-Trailer.com. The trailer lighting is now fully functional.
http://www.curtmfg.com/part/56196
Jim

Old October 26th 17, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

So, I need to power both Black/Brown blades on the 7blade via the Brown on my vehicle combi to power the trailer lights?
Using a jumper.
Old October 26th 17, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Plus, no red wire on the vehicle combi.
Old October 26th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 9:41:45 AM UTC-7, Retting wrote:
Plus, no red wire on the vehicle combi.

Correct. The Curt box provides the red (brake) wire out.
Jim
Old October 26th 17, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

So, forget jumper...I put the Black/Brown together on the Cobra blade that is powered by the Brown wire on the car blade.
Now I have lights, but select left or right blinker operates both Cobra blinker.
Old October 26th 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Thank you JS
The Cobra plug has two red wires to the center post...(?)
Old October 26th 17, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

I don't have time to order a Curt Box....gotta pull tomorrow.
If I can get the brake lights working, I can put on the flashers before turning.
Then fix correct it at home.
Old October 26th 17, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Cobra provide pretty good docuemtnation. What happens when you follow those instructions? http://www.cobratrailer.com/wp-conte...pick_up__E.pdf