Info on Richmond International in VA USA?

Old July 9th 03, 02:37 PM
Malcolm Teas

Default Info on Richmond International in VA USA?

I'm a student pilot out of Leesburg (JYO) and am planning one of my
cross country flights to Richmond International (RIC). Any advice on
approach paths to RIC, reporting points, usually used runways, FBO's,
etc?

I thought I'd go in a few days, weather permitting, and might check
out the museum there.

AeroServices FBO seems like the best bet from looking at AirNav.com.
I've got the taxi diagram from AOPA, and of course the info in the
A/FD as well.

Any local info would be useful. I'd rather not come in looking like a
total newbie.

-Malcolm
Old July 9th 03, 04:48 PM
Ron Natalie

"Malcolm Teas" wrote in message om...

AeroServices FBO seems like the best bet from looking at AirNav.com.
I've got the taxi diagram from AOPA, and of course the info in the
A/FD as well.

We went into Richmond Jet Center because it is closest to the museum. They treated
us nice, even provided the courtesy car so we could go off-airport to eat.

As for getting in there, if you get FF from Potomac Approach, it will cover you
all the way into Richmond's Class C. Otherwise just give them a call, ATC
was quite accomodating. Kings Dominion makes a good reporting point
(and it's fun for the kids) that's the thing marked "eiffel tower" on the chart.

Old July 9th 03, 10:13 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message om...
"Malcolm Teas" wrote in message om...

As for getting in there, if you get FF from Potomac Approach, it will cover you
all the way into Richmond's Class C. Otherwise just give them a call, ATC
was quite accomodating. Kings Dominion makes a good reporting point
(and it's fun for the kids) that's the thing marked "eiffel tower" on the chart.

Sounds good. I saw the two "Sawmill" VFR reporting points to the N
and NE of RIC. Seems like that would cause confusion!

King's Dominion seems clearer.