Belt slipping fix?

Old December 21st 03, 11:00 PM
Stewart Kissel

Default Belt slipping fix?

I like to snug my belts after I settle into the cockpit,
so I cannot
set them to a permanent position. Does someone have
a techn-
ique to prevent slipping. And yes I am aware of a
life-span on
some belts.

Old December 22nd 03, 01:28 AM
Shawn Curry

Stewart Kissel wrote:
I like to snug my belts after I settle into the cockpit,
so I cannot
set them to a permanent position. Does someone have
a techn-
ique to prevent slipping. And yes I am aware of a
life-span on
some belts.

Soon after we picked up N5 (RIP) I discovered that washing the belts
helped a lot.

Cheers,
Shawn

Old December 22nd 03, 08:02 PM
DRBDANIELI

Years ago we tried sewing velcro on them so that they could easily be adjusted
but wouldn't slip when set.
Old December 23rd 03, 12:32 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Shawn Curry" wrote in message
link.net...
Stewart Kissel wrote:
I like to snug my belts after I settle into the cockpit,
so I cannot
set them to a permanent position. Does someone have
a techn-
ique to prevent slipping. And yes I am aware of a
life-span on
some belts.

Soon after we picked up N5 (RIP) I discovered that washing the belts
helped a lot.

Cheers,
Shawn

But only in pure Rocky Mountain water;^)

Salvaged them, did you?

Frank Whiteley

Old December 24th 03, 05:45 PM
Shawn Curry

Stewart Kissel wrote:

I like to snug my belts after I settle into the cockpit,
so I cannot
set them to a permanent position. Does someone have
a techn-
ique to prevent slipping. And yes I am aware of a
life-span on
some belts.

Soon after we picked up N5 (RIP) I discovered that washing the belts
helped a lot.

Cheers,
Shawn

But only in pure Rocky Mountain water;^)

Salvaged them, did you?

Frank Whiteley

Not my glider ;-)
I was a "former owner" by the time N5 made its big splash.
From seeing the wreck though it looks like the belts are about all
that's salvageable.

Old December 25th 03, 11:45 PM
Eric Greenwell

Stewart Kissel wrote:

I like to snug my belts after I settle into the cockpit,
so I cannot
set them to a permanent position. Does someone have
a techn-
ique to prevent slipping. And yes I am aware of a
life-span on
some belts.

Where is the slipping occurring? On my ASH 26 belts, it was the loop
that held it to the airframe (Gadinger belts). If that's your problem, I
can send a sketch of what fixed it for me.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Blanton Style Belt Drive Availability Ted Azito Home Built 1 October 7th 04 12:54 PM
Seat belt tags Stephen Stilkey Owning 28 March 15th 04 05:29 PM
Throttle friction lock slipping - How do I stop this? Ron Home Built 2 January 24th 04 01:55 AM
Seat Belt Extenders M.E. Borner Owning 4 October 3rd 03 01:55 PM
Why crabbing is correct and side slipping isn't (was Flying Technique Question of the Day Eric Greenwell Soaring 12 September 18th 03 07:21 AM