Undersling and 2/rev

Old March 21st 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stu Fields

Default Undersling and 2/rev

If an over weight pilot exceeds the recommended seat weight of his
helicopter, will this affect undersling enough to cause an increase in the
2/rev vibration??? Does increasing G forces cause an increase in 2/rev??
Stu

Old March 23rd 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R.[_2_]

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
If an over weight pilot exceeds the recommended seat weight of his
helicopter, will this affect undersling enough to cause an increase in
the 2/rev vibration??? Does increasing G forces cause an increase in
2/rev??
Stu

On the first question, if you're talking about flying the bird outside the
recommended CG range, I'd think it's a possibility, especially the farther
out you go. Taken to extremes, wouldn't flying an under slung system far
enough out of the CG range risk mast bumping during certain maneuvers?

Don't know about the second question. Is the 2/rev vibration really
increasing or are the pilot and passengers just feeling it more because of
the G loading? Either way, I'd think it would "encourage" those involved to
try to improve the situation!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

Old March 24th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stu Fields

"Steve R." wrote in message
"Stu Fields" wrote in message
[...]

What I was thinking of was just a heavy pilot within the c.g range. Since
the coning angle and subsequently the proper undersling depend on the gross
weight. Since an extra heavy pilot would exceed the design maximum gross
weight, the existing coning angle and undersling would not be optimum.
Could we expect an increase in 2/rev and if so why? I have found a case of
a Mosquito pilot who stands closer to the lunch line than he should,
complaining of 2/rev after he had taken pains to track and balance thinking
that the vibration might be 1/rev.
It seems that if the heavy pilot could cause increase 2/rev, you should feel
it also in an accelerated turn. I'm not just talking about pilot
sensations, we can measure the amplitude of the 2/rev vibrations both
vertical and lateral by fooling the electronic balancer with two reflective
tapes on the blade position sensor. I have not done a measurement in an
accelerated maneuver and my ship is down now so I ain't got a vehicle for
the test. I am hoping to stumbel accross some individual that has already
experienced and measured the 2/rev vibration in say a 2G turn and straight
and level...
As an engineer, I have to have a problem to look at or my mind goes numb. I
love helicopters. There is no end of problems to look at. Especially
vibrations.

Old April 9th 11, 01:27 PM
lesNeelagep lesNeelagep is offline
Banned

itchy scalp is a ailment that has an effect on the hair follicles, which are
male pattern baldness aspect of the skin from which hairs expand. In most instances, hair falls out in tiny, round patches about the dimensions of a quarter. The extent of the hair reduction
alopecia areata varies in some instances, it is only in a very few spots. In others, the hair reduction can be increased. Occasionally it can entail the whole scalp (alopecia totalis) or even all the system and scalp (alopecia universalis). It is not achievable to predict how significantly hair will be misplaced. Regrowth of hair in normal alopecia areata is normal more than a time period of months or, often, years, but won't be able to be guaranteed. The hair occasionally regrows white at least in the 1st instance. More hair reduction is not uncommon. In alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis the probability of complete regrowth is less.