Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 5th 04, 10:03 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 9/5/2004 1:18 PM Pacific Standard Time

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

And for the record, when a proposal was floated to send F102s to

Vietnam,
Bush put his name in as a volunteer, however the powers that be decided

not
to use the plane.

For the same record, when he first applied for flying training, he

indicated on
his application that he did NOT desire an overseas assignment.

Duh. He was in a National Guard unit. He could have put a big smiley face in
the other block and it would have made no difference. His duty assignment
was already set in concrete--he was going to return to his unit, the same
one that sent him to flight school in the first place. You are incapable of
understanding the differences between ANG and active component operations,
aren't you?

And he had only
300 flying hours in the F-102 when he volunteered for overseas duty after

he had
been told that they wouldn't consider anybody with less than 500 hours.

Nope, he first asked about Palace Alert, and was *then* told they were then
using the 500 hour limit; you have it all basackwards, as usual.

It was
a pretty safe thing to do.....asking for something you knew in advance

they
weren't going to give you.

Wrong again. You have been told this before, so I guess your continued use
of this tack is just your usual dishonest nature coming through
again...Palace Alert did not maintain a set-in-concrete 500 hour experience
requirement. The required experience level fluctuated based upon the pool of
volunteers they then had--which is why later, as the program wound down, a
mere junior LT found himself flying Palace Alert duty out of Iceland and
participating in one of the USAF's last F-102 intercepts of a Soviet
aircraft.

That's just for the record, of course.

Then your records are all screwed up.

Brooks

George Z.

We are talking about military flying. A subject in which you have no experience
whatever and therefore no right to comment.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 5th 04, 10:09 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 1:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."

Date: 9/5/2004 1:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 9/5/2004 12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
Jack G wrote:
OK Art, tell that to a combat Marine - face to face. If all that
happens
is
he asks you where you fought - and then laughs in your face when you
tell
him you will be a very lucky man.
Jack G.

Just for the record, Jack, during WWII, the 8th Air Force sustained

more
casualties over Europe than the entire United States Marine Corps did
world-wide
throughout the entire war. If you don't believe me, just ask Google

the
right
questions and they'll provide the same answer that I just did....I

know
because
I've already done it.

George Z.

That's just the 8th. Then add the 9th and the 15th and all the air

forces
in
the Pacific and you have a total that makes air duty the most hazardous

in
the
history of of warfare. Wanna live? Join anything but the Air Forces..

Or
fly
B-52's over Iraq. Or do what Bush did. which was nothing.

You mean, 'which was fly a dangerous, difficult, occasionally explosive,
1950's vintage supersonic interceptor for 3 years.'

Piece of cake compared ot a B-26 Marauder. Check rhe records. And what

did you
fly?

I wasn't even alive until 1977.

And as far as I know, nobody was flying B26's during the Vietnam era. So try
to compare apples to apples. At the time, the F102 was a far more perilous
aircraft than many of the others flying at the time.

How the hell would you know?

Old September 5th 04, 10:32 PM
Ragnar

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Why did Bush join the National Guard instrae do the Army, Navy or Air

Force?

" instrae do "

On the meds again, Art?

Old September 5th 04, 10:43 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 1:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."

Date: 9/5/2004 1:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 9/5/2004 12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
Jack G wrote:
[...]

So nobody is able to know anything until the point of their actual birth?
Kind of defeats the purpose of history books, no?

I know because I've looked into it, the same way I know that there are
pyramids in Egypt.

Old September 5th 04, 10:44 PM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Piece of cake compared ot a B-26 Marauder.

Wow, you must have flown both to say that!??

Old September 5th 04, 10:45 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 2:43 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."

Date: 9/5/2004 1:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."

Date: 9/5/2004 1:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 9/5/2004 12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
Jack G wrote:
[...]

A very distant and impersonal route to knowledge.

Old September 5th 04, 10:46 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

You mean, 'which was fly a dangerous, difficult, occasionally explosive,
1950's vintage supersonic interceptor for 3 years.'

Piece of cake compared ot a B-26 Marauder. Check rhe records.

The records indicate the B-26 had the lowest loss rate among US WWII
bombers.

Old September 5th 04, 10:47 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message

And as far as I know, nobody was flying B26's during the Vietnam era.

Well, not Martin B-26s.

Old September 5th 04, 10:48 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

I wasn't even alive until 1977.

And as far as I know, nobody was flying B26's during the Vietnam era. So
try
to compare apples to apples. At the time, the F102 was a far more perilous
aircraft than many of the others flying at the time.

How the hell would you know?

Well, how the hell would you know?

Old September 5th 04, 10:50 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Champaign is in Illinois, not Texas.

It is used as an adjective. Not a noun.

Then it is used improperly.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM