mountain flying lesson Denver

Old June 28th 05, 05:45 AM
Michael C Finke

Default mountain flying lesson Denver

We're heading out to Denver (by car) to see the in-laws, and I'd like to
try to get a mountain flying lesson in. Any suggestions? Good experiences?
I'll have to rent a plane; Centennial would be closest.

Thanks,
Mike
Old July 3rd 05, 06:17 AM
Kyler Laird

Josh Orfanakis writes:

(Michael C Finke) wrote:

We're heading out to Denver (by car) to see the in-laws, and I'd like to
try to get a mountain flying lesson in. Any suggestions? Good experiences?
I'll have to rent a plane; Centennial would be closest.

I flew into Centennial in 1999 and got some ground training from Vern
Foster and [Darn it, I don't recall the other gentleman's name!] through,
as I recall, Colorado Pilots Association.
http://www.coloradopilots.org/
They were great to us. They gave the presentation at our friends house
and made us quite comfortable.

I had turbo problems so I didn't end up taking the flights (I'm a wuss.)
but the training was worthwhile. I haven't hit a mountain!

Check out/call Aspen Flying Club.

Yeow! That sounds expensive. (We love Aspen. I was going to fly there
for an interview in 1999 but we ended up driving because I didn't want
to go there without the turbos in good shape.)

It's a bit of a trek but I would also consider Grand Junction. I met
Deanna Strand
http://www.ninety-nines.org/dstrand.html
(thanks to our Portuguese Water Dogs) when I flew in one night. I've
been meaning to get some mountain flight training from her - especially
into Telluride.

Enjoy!

--kyler
Old July 4th 05, 04:16 AM
Blanche Cohen

Check out/call Aspen Flying Club.

Aspen Flying Club is not in Aspen, CO. It's in a 'burb of
Denver, and located at APA.

The Colorado Pilots Assoc will have another High-Altitude training
course in August. Check out the website at

www.coloradopilots.corg

for details.