Phoenix based pilots

Old May 9th 04, 07:43 PM
Jeff

Default Phoenix based pilots

Question for you phoenix based pilots.
I am going to be basing my plane at Falcon field, my annual is comming
up right around the time I move (june/july), I am thinking of having it
done at falcon instead of here at north las vegas, has anyone used them,
any comments about them ?

Old May 10th 04, 05:44 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jeff" wrote in message
Question for you phoenix based pilots.
I am going to be basing my plane at Falcon field, my annual is comming
up right around the time I move (june/july), I am thinking of having it
done at falcon instead of here at north las vegas, has anyone used them,
any comments about them ?

If you do, stay away from Sawyer.

Better would be Executive Aircraft Maintenance at Scottsdale Airpark or
Chandler Aviation at Chandler Muni.

Old May 10th 04, 02:21 PM
MT

The only options for annuals at FFZ is Falcon Executive Aviation and
Tango One.

I have have been using Falcon Executive for annuals on my C182 for a
few years. I am pleased with their work.

I have not heard much about Tango One, they are fairly new there.

Mike

Old May 10th 04, 06:09 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jeff" wrote in message
sawyer, is that the same as falcon exe. aviation ?

not a good place?

No...Falcon Exec is by the tower. Tango One (used to be Sawyer?) is on the
south end of the field (at least it was two or three years ago??).

I've heard some real horror stories about Sawyer and Cutter, both at Falcon
and at Sky Harbor. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I've not dealt
with them directly, but the guy who did my BFR last year had just come from
there, plus a couple other whose judgment I trust won't touch them. I don't
know of T1 is a better outfit.

Old May 10th 04, 06:13 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jeff" wrote in message
sawyer, is that the same as falcon exe. aviation ?

not a good place?

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

BTW...when you go to Falcon Field, you HAVE TO stop at Anzio Landing (NE
corner of the field). Taxi right up to the back door. Ask for Lee, the
waitress (the little red-headed one) if you get there in the early evening.
She's been there since it opened in 1988.

Old May 11th 04, 01:12 AM
MT

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...

No...Falcon Exec is by the tower. Tango One (used to be Sawyer?) is on the
south end of the field (at least it was two or three years ago??).

I've heard some real horror stories about Sawyer and Cutter, both at Falcon
and at Sky Harbor. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I've not dealt
with them directly, but the guy who did my BFR last year had just come from
there, plus a couple other whose judgment I trust won't touch them. I don't
know of T1 is a better outfit.

Tango One used to be called Royal Avionics; and for that matter Falcon
Executive used to be called Superstition Air Service.

Sawyer has never operated out of FFZ. They used to be at PHX, they
are now at SDL. Cutter is both at PHX and DVT.

Mike
Old May 11th 04, 12:15 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"MT" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Thanks for the low down.

I used to work across the street at McDonnell-Douglas Helicopter (1990-96),
but wasn't flying then (during my many year flying hiatus). I remember it
as a very nice airport that was in an area that wasn't doing so well as
McD-D didn't bring as much business to the area as expected. Now Boeing has
cut down to nearly zilch. How are it's prospects?

Old May 12th 04, 02:16 AM
MT

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...

Thanks for the low down.

I used to work across the street at McDonnell-Douglas Helicopter (1990-96),
but wasn't flying then (during my many year flying hiatus). I remember it
as a very nice airport that was in an area that wasn't doing so well as
McD-D didn't bring as much business to the area as expected. Now Boeing has
cut down to nearly zilch. How are it's prospects?

It appears that Boeing is busy; I think the only product they build
there is the Apache.

Boeing sold off the civilian helicopter business a few years ago, and
the new company is called MD Helicopters. They took over a portion of
the Boeing's facility on the airport.

Mike