RONs - NJ -> OSH

Old July 19th 03, 01:46 AM
Michael Bullock

Default RONs - NJ -> OSH

I'm planning on taking my 4 & 6 year olds to their first Oshkosh.
However, I don't think they'll have the stamina or patience to make the
trip from my Central NJ location into OSH in one day. Probably would be
best to fly a few hours and then do some kid-friendly activity for the
rest of the day.

I'm looking for recommendations for stop-overs - the most likely route
will be over Reading, PA, Youngstown, OH, Ft. Wayne IN then around
Chicago to the south and west, though I might do a northerly route
through southern Ontario.

I know about Lancaster & Hershey, PA. Been there and would perfer to
find someplace further along the route.

Looking for some net.wisdom. Appreciate the help.

Mike Bullock
Warrior N227Z

Old July 19th 03, 02:15 AM
Rich S.

Mike..........

We had a great time last year spending the night at Mackinac Island on the
way from NJ to OSH. The kids would love the horse transportation.
Reservations might be a problem and there are landing fees. A bit spendy
I'll admit, but I did want to see the Grand Hotel.

Rich S.

Old July 19th 03, 02:33 AM
Blueskies

Kellogg's Cereal City in Battle Creek, MI. Also the Binder Park Zoo there. Full Blast is a waterpark there also. (The
AirZoo is over here in Kalamazoo, but that is for me). Ft Wayne, IN has the AMA model airplane museum.

Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, but that is an event all by itself.

--
Dan D.

..

Old July 19th 03, 04:05 AM
john smith

Michael Bullock wrote:
I'm planning on taking my 4 & 6 year olds to their first Oshkosh.
However, I don't think they'll have the stamina or patience to make the
trip from my Central NJ location into OSH in one day. Probably would be
best to fly a few hours and then do some kid-friendly activity for the
rest of the day.
I'm looking for recommendations for stop-overs - the most likely route
will be over Reading, PA, Youngstown, OH, Ft. Wayne IN then around
Chicago to the south and west, though I might do a northerly route
through southern Ontario.

Akron OH (Akron Fulton Airport)
Inventors Hall of Fame/Museum. Interactive, hands on activities for kids
ages. Heart of downtown Akron, maybe five miles from the airport. Good
for a couple hours of attention span. One of the activities I learned
there... purchase a box/tube of paper cups (about 100 or so), tell the
kids to build a wall, tower, etc. Good for quite a while of keeping the
kids busy, easy to clean up, don't have to worry about breaking
anything, don't weigh much, you can throw them away when you want to.
Old July 24th 03, 06:42 PM
Margy Natalie

Michael Bullock wrote:

I'm planning on taking my 4 & 6 year olds to their first Oshkosh.

When you get to OSH don't miss Kidventure over at the museum. I hear it's
great (and I have a friend working there this year).

Margy