A P-47 just flew over

Old September 26th 03, 01:42 AM
Bill Daniels

Default A P-47 just flew over

I was in the back yard working on my bird when I heard a soft but very
unusual sound overhead.

Looking up for the sound, there was a silver P-47 at very low power
descending for a pattern entry at Centennial Airport, Colorado. (APA) I
don't know what is going on but that was a very nice airplane sound.

Bill Daniels

Old September 26th 03, 04:36 AM
Leanne

Lucky YOU!!!!

Nothing like the sound of a round engine....

Leanne

Old September 26th 03, 08:29 AM
B2431

Nothing like the sound of a round engine....

Leanne

As long as you mean a recip I agree.

Jets are round, they just don't have the character of a round recip.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old September 26th 03, 12:01 PM
Leanne

Nothing like the sound of a round engine....

Leanne

As long as you mean a recip I agree.

Jets are round, they just don't have the character of a round recip.

Dan,
I don't consider kerosene burners real round engines.

Leanne - USMC, retired

Old September 26th 03, 07:07 PM
Morgans

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
nk.net...
I was in the back yard working on my bird when I heard a soft but very
unusual sound overhead.

Looking up for the sound, there was a silver P-47 at very low power
descending for a pattern entry at Centennial Airport, Colorado. (APA) I
don't know what is going on but that was a very nice airplane sound.

Bill Daniels

A guy has a T-28 at a local private airstip. I'm almost directly on the
extended centerline, a couple miles out. I get to see him fly over (pretty
low) a couple times a month. My wife has grown used to me launching out the
front door, to see him go by! g

She is also used to me getting frisky right after that, because it gives me
a hard on every time! :-)
--
Jim in NC

Old September 27th 03, 12:41 AM
Steve Sharp

I step out of the back door of my hanger and am within 50 feet of one,
sometimes 2 P-47's (GKT - Gatlinburg- Pigeon Forge airport -
Sevierville, TN). One flys on a regular basis. Yep, nothing better.
Please come see them at the Tennessee Museum of Aviation
(http://www.tnairmuseum.com).

Jerry Wass wrote:
Lucky YOU!!!!

Old September 27th 03, 04:32 PM
Building The Perfect Beast

Nothing like the sound of a round engine....

Leanne

Yeah, but the one thing that makes a round engine sound that much sweeter is:

knowing it belongs to someone else. (Learned from years of experience)
Old September 27th 03, 08:57 PM
dann mann

Not P-47 related but some guy in a Mitsubishi turbo-prop screecehs over
my place at about 1000 agl everynight about 6;30 pm. Must be a commuter
between San Diego and Phoenix

Old September 27th 03, 11:50 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Building The Perfect Beast) wrote:

Nothing like the sound of a round engine....

Leanne

Yeah, but the one thing that makes a round engine sound that much sweeter is:

knowing it belongs to someone else. (Learned from years of experience)

Yeah...
Until your turbine shoots craps. (8-0

Barnyard BOb --

Woohoo! Flew the Pitts... John Harper Aerobatics 3 June 26th 04 12:10 AM
IFR in the 1930's Rich S. Home Built 43 September 21st 03 01:03 AM
A Tiny Slice of History Richard Isakson Home Built 0 September 11th 03 08:39 PM
The Piper Cubs That Weren't Veeduber Home Built 5 August 28th 03 04:38 AM
Marine Radar in a plane? Jay Honeck Home Built 31 August 13th 03 06:56 PM