Emergency Floor Lighting

Old February 26th 04, 06:25 PM
semprini

Default Emergency Floor Lighting

Hello,

Please can someone tell me what happens during an emergency on an
aircraft, with regard to the lighting and sounds:

Do the Exit signs light up? Or are they always lit up during a flight?
Do the main cieling lights remain on?
Do the passenger lights (above the seats) remain on?
Are the emergency floor lights all one colour? or are they colour
coded in some way to guide passengers to the nearest exit?

Also, are there any alarms or announcements that are made during an
emergency?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Old February 27th 04, 06:03 AM
Michelle P

why do you ask?

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Old February 27th 04, 06:19 AM
BTIZ

my thinking exactly..

BT

"Michelle P" wrote in message
hlink.net...
why do you ask?

Old February 27th 04, 01:31 PM
Teacherjh

I suspect he asks because he's writing a story or making a film... something
like that. OF course if his motives are nefarious, I doubt his answer (to "why
do you ask?") would say so.

Jose

Old February 27th 04, 03:20 PM
Michelle P

then again the information may be used for lees than positive purposes.
We have no idea who this person really is.

Old February 27th 04, 03:58 PM
Teacherjh

then again the information may be used for lees than positive purposes.
We have no idea who this person really is.

We don't know each other either. What do you propose? A nation suspicious of
everyone is antithetical to the freedoms we value, at least in the US.

Jose

Old February 28th 04, 12:42 AM
semprini

Hi all,

Sorry - I should have explained why I needed the information.
I'm a university student, studying for a Computing degree. As part of
my final year, I am doing a computer animation (for computer
graphics). I am producing an in-flight safety animation video which is
almost complete, but for the last few scenes I would like to cover
Emergency procedures.
It's not essential that the scenes are entirely accurate, but if I can
make them a little more realistic (lights and sounds help), then that
would make the animation as a whole look better.

Thanks again,

-Mike
Old February 28th 04, 01:05 AM
Casey Wilson

"semprini" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

Sorry - I should have explained why I needed the information.
I'm a university student, studying for a Computing degree. As part of
my final year, I am doing a computer animation (for computer
graphics). I am producing an in-flight safety animation video which is
almost complete, but for the last few scenes I would like to cover
Emergency procedures.
It's not essential that the scenes are entirely accurate, but if I can
make them a little more realistic (lights and sounds help), then that
would make the animation as a whole look better.

Thanks again,

-Mike

Well, for drama's sake, since accuracy is not essential... The lighting
on the floor is a series of alternating red, white and blue strobes that
twinkle to the beat of Yellow Submarine whilst running in the direction of
the nearest exit. All lights in the cabin also strobe toward the exits,
however they maintain an amber shade until just before the crash, when they
turn red and cycle at a rate of 73 pulses per minute.... maybe that's 87,
but accuracy doesn't matter.... Flight attendants are busy running up and
down the aisles making sure everyone looks neat and tidy -- ties straight,
etc. -- for the best appearance on the six o'clock news -- while making sure
that all airline logos are either blacked out or replaced with those of the
most hated rival airline.

Sheesh..... accuracy is not essential.

Old February 29th 04, 01:11 AM
semprini

no need to take the ****ing **** man, I'm just trying to do some work
for my university degree and you guys don't even take my question
seriously. Now i don't even know if any of the information you gave me
is true or if it's all bull****. Thanks for your time and efforts..
much appreciatted.