Autogas STC Paperwork

Old April 6th 04, 03:34 AM
Al Gilson

Default Autogas STC Paperwork

Our 1964 Skyhawk has a placard by the fuel cap indicating that it is
approved for unleaded auto fuel. However, I don't have any paperwork
showing that it has an STC for autofuel. Any ideas on how I could
research this information? Or...is the placard all I need?

Thanks.

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA
Old April 6th 04, 05:11 AM
kage

You can apply to the FAA to get copies of all the 337's on the airplane. I'd
start there.

Karl
Waikiki Beach

Old April 6th 04, 09:54 PM
N7155A

Al,
If you can determine which STC you have: Either Petersen or EAA, I
would contact them, with your tailnumber, and they should be able to
confirm that STC was applied to your aircraft. They will gladly sell
you the STC instructions, more placards, engine tag or whatever is
needed to comply with the STC.

You should also get check your FAA records and your logbooks to see
that all the proper entries were made. If not, your Authorize
Inspector can update your paper work.

Mitch - N7155A, N10681

Old April 7th 04, 03:06 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:34:48 -0700, Al Gilson wrote:

approved for unleaded auto fuel. However, I don't have any paperwork
showing that it has an STC for autofuel. Any ideas on how I could
research this information? Or...is the placard all I need?

Others have already said to contact the EAA and Peterson providing the
planes information to research it.

However, at least with the EAA STC you will have an entry in the airframe
and engine logbooks where it was applied. Without those entries what you
have is a sticker somebody bought and stuck up there, worth nothing. The
EAA STC is supposed to be carried in the plane while you're using it, so
without the paperwork you can not legally burn augogas, even if you bought
the STC.

Old April 7th 04, 11:59 AM
Dan Thompson

Personally, I'd say the placard is all you need, but only if you are sure
the STC for a plane like yours is just a paper whipping excercise. If so,
I'm sure you don't even need the placard to fly on autofuel.

These autofuel STCs that are nothing more than an Adel clamp and a placard
have an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to me.

Old April 7th 04, 02:01 PM
Newps

Dan Thompson wrote:
Personally, I'd say the placard is all you need, but only if you are sure
the STC for a plane like yours is just a paper whipping excercise. If so,
I'm sure you don't even need the placard to fly on autofuel.

For a 172 it's only paper whipping. However to be legal you need the
337 filled out and sent in, the logbook entry, the clamp, and the
placards at the fuel fillers.

Old April 7th 04, 04:52 PM
Jim Weir

If Alice can save me up to $50 each time I fill up, I say more power to her.

And, for the original post, get the 337 file from Ok City FAA for your aircraft.
You may uncover some OTHER additional "stuff" you didn't know about your
airplane. If you go to Oshkosh, the Feds *generally* have a table set up and
little gift certificates where you get the file on microfiche or CDROM for free.

Jim

"Dan Thompson"

-
-These autofuel STCs that are nothing more than an Adel clamp and a placard
-have an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to me.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Autogas and high end engines John Skorczewski Home Built 10 August 17th 04 05:19 PM
mixing 80 and 100 and autogas...? R. Wubben Owning 5 March 15th 04 03:28 AM
Stupid question about autogas Paul Folbrecht Owning 34 March 1st 04 02:05 AM
autogas to 100ll Ron Natalie Owning 4 January 27th 04 04:49 AM
Hot weather and autogas? Rich S. Home Built 33 July 30th 03 11:25 PM