SSA Sailplane Tracker

Old April 24th 16, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default SSA Sailplane Tracker

Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional.

Uli
Old April 24th 16, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Same issue here. Windows 7 Home with both Firefox or IE. Neither would work.
Old April 24th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Glideport.aero is working fine in Win8.1 and Win10 both with Firefox. Had to tell the home stereo (Win10) to accept the cookies, before that was blank.
Jim
Old April 25th 16, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 1:16:59 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
Glideport.aero is working fine in Win8.1 and Win10 both with Firefox. Had to tell the home stereo (Win10) to accept the cookies, before that was blank.
Jim

Worked fine on my Chrome/Winduz 7 Professional

Just wished that the tracks shown were reporting altitude and fixes at 10 second intervals Some do, most don't but that is a function of the tracker not the web site!

Bob 7U
Old May 5th 16, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:16:55 -0700, JS wrote:

Glideport.aero is working fine in Win8.1 and Win10 both with Firefox.
Had to tell the home stereo (Win10) to accept the cookies, before that
was blank.
Jim

I just had to confirm a security exemption to get glideport.aero to work
(Firefox on Linux). Have seen some inconsistent problems using the ssa
link.

Also, it didn't pick up my Spot trace yesterday, worked fine last year.

-Dave
Old June 26th 20, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 6:41:50 AM UTC-7, AS wrote:
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional.

Uli

SPOT have changed their mapping service and formats, here is how to make a URL suitable for use at glideport.aero:-

share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=09zinCBIVfVFEcsbxqddrCIFbMlqMPx xx
where the example starting with 09z is replaced by your own XML link. This has to be a separate link with a different title than your shared page. Here is how to get your XML number:-
1) log in to findmespot.com
2)Maps
3)History mode
4)Manage (little lines with check marks icon)
5)Shared Views
6) Add shared view
7) Make a shared view with a different tile such as MYXMLFeed
9) XML Feed
10) View Details on MYXMLFeed
11) The XML Feed ID should be displayed. Copy and paste it, append it to the text
share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=
and you are good to go.
Worked for me!!

Sometimes a SPOT will work for years with glideport, then sudenly stop working. This is because if glideport ever has a communication difficulty with SPOT, it automatically deletes that particular XML feed as a safety precaution. The fix is to make another XML feed on your SPOT account, then register this new feed on glideport. There is a way to test your XML feed, simply go to this URL:-
https://api.findmespot.com/spot-main...x/message.json
with your own XML Feed ID. If you get an error message then there is something wrong with the feed, contact SPOT. If you get position fixes but glideport does not display your SPOT, then make a new XML feed and register the new feed with SPOT. Each new feed typically lasts several years, and you can delete obsolete ones on the SPOT site.

Duncan
Old August 30th 20, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Tisdale

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:41:50 AM UTC-4, AS wrote:
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional.

Uli

I cannot get glideportaero to load this morning 8/30/2020. Both Link from SSA Sailplane Tracker or directly to the glideportaero url. No response, too long to load, error messages. Any ideas?

Bill T
Old August 30th 20, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 6:35:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:41:50 AM UTC-4, AS wrote:
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional.

Uli

I cannot get glideportaero to load this morning 8/30/2020. Both Link from SSA Sailplane Tracker or directly to the glideportaero url. No response, too long to load, error messages. Any ideas?

Bill T

It's working for me.
Old August 30th 20, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 06:35:48 -0700, Bill Tisdale wrote:

I cannot get glideportaero to load this morning 8/30/2020. Both Link
from SSA Sailplane Tracker or directly to the glideportaero url. No
response, too long to load, error messages. Any ideas?

If your PC has the ping and traceroute commands installed, try them to
see if/where there's a network problem. IIRC they are standard issue for
Windows and definitely for Linux. Dunno about Apple kit. They are run
from the command line. In case you haven't used them:

Both are run from the command line:

ping glideport.aero

shows success or failure at contacting the URP you give it.

traceroute glideport.aero

shows every step along the way from you to the URL on success and
otherwise shows where the fault lies and what the fault is.

You don't need these programs all the time, but they are very useful in
working out whether a connection is broken and if so, where.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old August 30th 20, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 9:00:36 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
[...]

I tried traceroute, but that command is not supported under Win10. Ping is, and I got 4 reasonable responses. The IP address for glideport.aero is http://107.170.23.252/. When I enter that in the search bar I get connected to glideport.aero.

Tom