OK, so who out there remembers the good old days

Old March 18th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.products

Default OK, so who out there remembers the good old days

OK, so who out there remembers the good old days when the local Feds used to
visit your airfield or flight school armed with a 16mm projector, big tray
of doughnuts and a pleasant smile. Well, some of the older Feds still do
that but the projector has gone, and so are the doughnuts.
The point is that some of those old 16 mm films were really great from a
pilot training point of view. Then, the FAA appeared to have, in real
terms, a lot more to spend on pilot education and most certainly a lot more
time to spend face to face with the new pilots. Yes, they even did
checkrides that cost you nothing. Oh well. ....
Well the good news is that those 16mm movies are still availble.
I have put together a collection of over 50 of those old movies on to DVDs
which are now available for as little as $2.99 each. The titles inlcude :

Pre Flight Inspection
Start Up
Take Off and Landings
Spins
Fuel Management
Aviation Weather
Density Altitude

plus many others are available at Ebay
http://search.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W...cationsQQhtZ-1

So why not stop by and have a look.
I am afraid I can't do much about the free checkrides though...!

Safe flying,

Phil Nash

www.pilotublications.com