Oudie won’t download flight

Old May 6th 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Oudie won’t download flight

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 14:56:22 UTC-6, wrote:
When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had that file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder and it was accepted. That’s when i decided it was an Oudie issue. Darryl gave me the link to analyze a IGC file. It said that the file had no signature. I googled this and found out it was referencing my name (which is on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot info was blank. Now it wasn’t before the version update and I had no issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but I think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.

You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could click version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared “its not officially released yet but is well tested”...well if its NOT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said well tested does that include erasing pilot information?

The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy that got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can only hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.

Dennis

As I posted previously I upgraded my Oudie 2 via the PC updater utility and got 8.01.004 after your experience.

The contents of your IGC file I posted came from downloading from OLC, so it should reflect what is your Cambridge logger not your Oudie. THerefore how can an IGC file without pilot info etc, what you are calling a SIGNATURE, be verified?

DO not wait till your next flight, drive around with the Oudie and check it out.

I have worked with Naviter on numerous accounts and found them to be responsive and very helpful. THeir products are great and when they break their software it is fixed quickly. Our market is so small I am grateful for the products we have

Ron
Old May 6th 18, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 15:29:36 UTC-6, Ron Gleason wrote:
[...]

FWIW Dennis here is the beginning of the IGC from my flight on 5/5 from the Oudie 2

AXCM5DJ,FLIGHT:1
HFDTE050518
HFFXA015
HFPLTPILOT:RON GLEASON
HFCM2CREW2:
HFGTYGLIDERTYPE:VENTUS 2CX
HFGIDGLIDERID:N10SZ
HFDTM100GPSDATUM:WGS-1984
HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION:8.01.004
HFFTYFRTYPE:Oudie
HFCIDCOMPETITIONID:RG
HFCCLCOMPETITIONCLASS:18-meter
HFTZNTIMEZONE:-6.00
Old May 6th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

At 21:34 06 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 15:29:36 UTC-6, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 14:56:22 UTC-6, wrote:
When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had

tha=
t file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder
an=
d it was accepted. That=E2=80=99s when i decided it was an Oudie issue.

=
on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot
in=
fo was blank. Now it wasn=E2=80=99t before the version update and I had

no
=
issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but

=
think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.
=20
You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could

cl=
ick version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared
=E2=80=9C=
its not officially released yet but is well tested=E2=80=9D...well if its
N=
OT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said

well
=
tested does that include erasing pilot information?=20
=20
The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy

that=
got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can
on=
ly hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.=20
=20
Dennis

=20
[...]

The security record(s) should be the last record(s) in the file, although
some software (such as SeeYou) can add extra records after the security
record(s).

Security record(s) all start with the letter G. If there are no records in
the file starting with the letter G, there are no security records.

However, as the second character of the first Record in the file is 'X', we
know that this is NOT any kind of IGC Approved recorder.

Old May 6th 18, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

At 19:43 06 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
SOrry for the questions but nomenclature is important and yes this is far
m=
ore complicated than it should be. Bloody specifications on records
within=
a IGC file can be found here
http://www.gliding.ch/images/news/lx...gc.htm#Hrec=20

See flying is much easier than playing with electronics.

Ron GLeason

Use that page with caution.

1. It bears the date 1994!
2. The definition of the A-record is wrong and there have been lots of
other updates since 1994.

Old May 7th 18, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Thanks Tim good catch, latest document from FAI site https://www.fai.org/sites/default/fi..._2016-4-10.pdf starting on page 18
Old May 10th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My Oudie 2 hangs up after flying a task and landing. It started doing this after I interfaced it with my Portable Flarm. It works well during the flight otherwise. I too have to do a "reset" to get it working again.

I tried setting the Oudie 2 not to allow the flight to be downloaded from the Flarm, but that didn't help either. It hangs up at the end of the flight regardless of the setting ... and I have a Micro SD card.

Even with the "stuck" Oudie at the end of the flight, it still contains a valid .igc file and I've used the file successfully for regional races.