Murphy's Law

Old February 4th 05, 10:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Murphy's Law

After weeks of unrelenting, never-ending bad weather, with freezing
rain, sleet, fog, snow, high winds, low visibility, and low ceilings, I
decided to have the plane annualed early. I mean, what the heck -- the
weather has been horrendous anyway, right? Why screw up summer and
wait till June?

Well, you guessed it. The last two days -- while my plane is in a
million pieces on the shop floor -- have set records across the
Midwest.

....Sunny skies...
....Light winds...
....Unlimited visibility...
....60 degrees...

Augh! There is simply no justice!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 5th 05, 01:16 AM
Jim Rosinski

Jay Honeck wrote:

I decided to have the plane annualed early. I mean, what the heck --

the
weather has been horrendous anyway, right? Why screw up summer and
wait till June?

Am I reading this correctly--you annualed your plane FOUR MONTHS before
it was due due just so it would be available the entire month of June?!
I've played the 13-month game over a period of years so that the annual
is now due in March instead of November, and plan to stick with March
from now on. But paying to tear the plane apart 4 months before it has
to be done seems a bit of a harsh toke.

Not giving you a hard time, just surprised is all.

Jim Rosinski

Old February 5th 05, 02:11 AM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
After weeks of unrelenting, never-ending bad weather, with freezing
rain, sleet, fog, snow, high winds, low visibility, and low ceilings, I
decided to have the plane annualed early. I mean, what the heck -- the
weather has been horrendous anyway, right? Why screw up summer and
wait till June?

Well, you guessed it. The last two days -- while my plane is in a
million pieces on the shop floor -- have set records across the
Midwest.

...Sunny skies...
...Light winds...
...Unlimited visibility...
...60 degrees...

Augh! There is simply no justice!

Same here in PA. Next time, how about giving us some warning when you
plan to have your plane annualed?

Matt
Old February 5th 05, 02:47 AM
George Patterson

Matt Whiting wrote:

Same here in PA. Next time, how about giving us some warning when you
plan to have your plane annualed?

Well, the warning got to New Jersey in time. It's supposed to be beautiful all
weekend.

George Patterson
He who would distinguish what is true from what is false must have an
adequate understanding of truth and falsehood.
Old February 5th 05, 02:49 AM
BTIZ

there is another front coming Jay... 63 and sunny here today.. feels like
spring.. mid 60s forecast tomorrow.... becoming overcast, rain starting in
the evening through Sunday.. (what better way to spend SuperBowl Sunday)...
with snow above the 5000ft elevation.. into Monday..

I think I'll head out to the glider club tomorrow, but then again I'm tow
pilot for tomorrow..

BT

oups.com...

Old February 5th 05, 04:33 AM
Jay Honeck

Am I reading this correctly--you annualed your plane FOUR MONTHS before
it was due due just so it would be available the entire month of June?!

Almost.

We're installing the Skycraft cut-in-the-leading-edge-of-the-wing landing
lights, which requires removal of the interior, and the wing panels (and,
because I had gap seals, the ailerons). As long as I was going to this
extreme, my A&P mentioned that we might as well do the annual inspection.
Considering I didn't want to have my plane down in June anyway, it all made
sense to do the annual early.

The landing light installation looks great, by the way. I'll have pix up in
a day or two.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 5th 05, 05:27 PM
clyde woempner

Thank You Jay for the nice weather, someone had to step up to plate (Murphy)
with a challenge.
Clyde

oups.com...

Old February 5th 05, 05:38 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"clyde woempner" wrote:

Thank You Jay for the nice weather, someone had to step up to plate (Murphy)
with a challenge.
Clyde

Murphy's Law is recursive

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old February 5th 05, 07:06 PM
Jon Kraus

Jay,
For the good of the group, if you wouldn't mind keeping your plane down
for a couple of months we would appreciate it... :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEl-IA
'79 Mooney 201 4443H