Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 5th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Blue Sky? Cloud Nine? Snoopy? Sally Ride? Supersonic? Glamorous
Glennis?

Old January 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

How about a suite for the homebuilt community?

"DIY -- Homebuilts"

Could include fixed and rotary wing and gliders. Lots of folks out there
with these machines. I wrote an article about one guy that put a 350HP V-8
in his E-Z.

Or,

"Rutan Suite"

....and decorate with photos of the extraordinary ships that have been
birthed at Scaled Composites. Who can you name that has advanced aviation
more than Rutan in the last 20 years?

Go Fly!

Casey

Old January 5th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

USS Enterprise suite

While I personally love Star Trek, that would make almost no sense in our
current hotel. It's gotta be aviation.

Jay H,

"USS Enterprise" was an aircraft carrier LONG before it was a Starship...

Jay B

Old January 5th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
However, since we created the "Cub Suite" by chopping one of our 2-story
townhouse suites in half (by walling off the stairs), we suddenly find
ourselves with an "extra" suite to name!

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free
night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here are the rules:

You've got to throw a crumb to the Big Ten College town where you do
business:

I'm seeing a Suite with much diversity....

http://www.cgsaviation.com/
CGS Hawk

http://www.raytheonaircraft.com/hawk...r_family.shtml
Raytheon Hawker

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/early_years/ey15a.htm
Hawker Hurricane

http://www.airforce-technology.com/p...l/global1.html
Globe Hawk

http://www.learntofly.com/howto/skyhawk.chtml
Cessn Skyhawk - "Learn to fly"

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/hawk.html
"Acknowledged as one of the world’s premier aerobatic teams, The Red Arrows
are the public face of the Royal Air Force" What do they fly? A Hawk!

http://www.skyhawk.org/
A-4 Skyhawk

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=29259
USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63) ..."aircraft" carrier

While we're at it ....Kitty Hawk!!!

The winner....Go Hawkeyes!!

THE HAWK SUITE

Montblack
Not a lot of "Gopher" planes out there

Old January 5th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Our Heroes Suite
small corners of the rooms dedicated to different individuals that
played a major roles in the development and promotion of both military and
general aviation, people that may be hard to dedicate a whole suite to
individually or who may not be commonly known to the public but who's names
are familiar and their stories very interesting... Kelly Johnson, Bill Lear,
Clyde Cessna, William Piper, Walter and Olive Beech, Donald Douglas, Howard
Hughes, ect.

Our Heroines Suite
dedicated to the women in aviation, same theory as above... Jackie
Cochrane, Emilia Earhardt, Bess Coleman, Amy Johnson, the WACs, 99's, WASPs,
Patty Wagstaff, Pancho Barnes, those 4 cute KC135 drivers and their story as
well as many more that I'm not familiar with but are just as deserving.

Around the World Suite
dedicated to each record setting flight around the world
US Army Air Service 1924, Fossett, Hughes, Rutan/Yeager, Breitling Balloon,
Wiley Post, Richarda Morrow-Tait 1948 (first woman), Ross Perot/Jay Coburn
(1st helicopter), Dick Smith (solo helicopter), Don Rodewald (first
wheelchaired pilot), Fred Lasby (solo at 83 years old)
http://www.earthrounders.com/chrono.html

Race the Sun Suite
dedicated to the fastest aircraft of several eras, types, and designs

Jim

Old January 5th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I kicked that one around also. Lots of characters, lots of airplanes, but
would it "click" with a non pilot? Would a non pilot know what "The Golden
Age" (of Aviation) was?
Jim

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
Why not call it the "Golden Age Suite" or just "Golden Suite." Make the
theme around the golden era of aviation that would include not only the

DC-3
but the air racers, Gee Bee, For Tri-Motor, well, you get it.

Marco Leon

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
> [...]
The obvious one is the DC-3 suite, but beyond that...

We would LOVE a DC-3 suite -- but what to call it? "DC-3" just sounds
dumb, to non-pilots. "Dakota Suite" might work. Isn't that what the

Brits
called the Gooney Bird?

Shuttle suite

Well, we've already stretched the aviation theme to fit the "Apollo
Suite" -- simply cuz I really like that theme -- but the "Shuttle Suite"
just sounds too much like a bus. I think we're done with the space

program,
for now. (If we ever add that third building, THEN we'll be looking at

the
shuttle, methinks.

USS Enterprise suite

While I personally love Star Trek, that would make almost no sense in

our
current hotel. It's gotta be aviation.

Top Gun suite

Now THAT would be an easy, and popular, suite. We really don't have any
suites that honor the modern era (the closest we get is the Blackbird

Suite,
and that plane was from the 1960s), so it fills that niche, too.

Too bad it sounds so militaristic and masculine. Gotta think of

something
that appeals to the non-flying chicks, who make the lodging decisions

75%
of
the time... Maybe the "Maverick Suite"?

Please don't do a UAV suite.

THAT goes without saying. Unmanned vehicles are about as interesting as
pocket calculators, IMHO.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote in message
Not a lot of "Gopher" planes out there

Badgers either.

Old January 5th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:
Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free night
in "their" suite, upon completion.

The Starship suite.

With background music by Jefferson Airplane?
Old January 5th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Richard Riley wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:53:24 GMT, "Jay Honeck"

:So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that
:artwork has been in our dining room for over three years!) at our aviation
:theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme
:suites, the "Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been
:in the works for over two years.

The obvious on is the DC-3 suite, but beyond that...

Glenn Martin suite
Wrong Way Corrigan suite
Rutan suite
RV or Van Grunsven suite
Shuttle suite
USS Enterprise suite
Blue Angels/Thunderbirds suite
Spitfire suite
Phantom suite
Stealth Suite
F-22 Raptor suite
MiG/Sukhoi suite
Top Gun suite

Please don't do a UAV suite.

Definitely need to do a Star Trek suite.

Old January 5th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Martin Hotze wrote:
"Flyingmonk" wrote:

Mile High Suite :^)

yeah! this one is definitely a good idea. with some special outfit ...
*yummie*

I'll donate lots of stuff from Denver....

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM