FS 2004 with multiple monitors - how to save settings?

Old December 7th 04, 09:19 AM
Horst Walter

Default FS 2004 with multiple monitors - how to save settings?

Hi,

running MS FS 2004 on multiple screens is cool. However, I was not
able to figure out how I can save a configuration for this.

I always have to reopen the extra windows when I restart FS 2004. Is
there no chance to save (multiple) configurations for this so I can
start with my last setup straight away.

Any ideas?
regards HW
Old December 7th 04, 10:56 AM
Talon

HW, there is a way to do it, or at least I can. I run in windowed mode and
I don't know if this is the secret but all you need to do is get the sim
set-up to your liking with your panels or whatever located on the other
monitor and then click on file, save flight and a dialogue box will come up
so that you can name the flight. You also have the option to check off a
box that says make this the default flight which will start with this saved
flight everytime instead of the create a flight menu. If you don't make it
the default flight simply go to select a flight and the file name you saved
should appear on the list under Myflights. When the flight opens it should
have your monitors setup on the other screens as you left it.

Paul

om...

Old December 7th 04, 11:57 AM
Quilljar

Yes I can confirm this. Set up all the windows, everything you want as you
like it, even the weather; then save the flight. Call it 'Heathrow with
windows' or something like that, if you wish. When you select it again, it
should come up exactly. From then on you can fly or slew to anywhere else in
the world and it will stay with the windows, then you can save a flight from
another postion etc etc ....

Quilljar

Old December 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Trip Lane

I agree also. It works the same way here. - Trip

--------------------------------------

Old December 7th 04, 11:00 PM
Quilljar

How do you guys set your windows up on a dual-head display when
flying?

Never the same way twice Bob- sorry!

--
Quilljar

Old December 8th 04, 01:29 PM
AL Mills

Quilljar wrote:
How do you guys set your windows up on a dual-head display when
flying?

Never the same way twice Bob- sorry!

Actually, there is a way. I save the flight and
make it the default. That is, with the radio
stack, gps, FSNav, and Airports Chart Viewer
open on the second monitor. I also have
TeamSpeak open behind them. Only the radios and
gps open with the default flight, though. When I
open the other three, however, they minimize to
the same positions on my "secondary panel" as it
were.

AL - shoulda done this years ago!