Metallic canopy cover

Old September 12th 11, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gabriel Duford

Default Metallic canopy cover

Hi!
Last winter, I ordered a "Platinum Canopy Cover" from Wings And Wheels and I was told after a few weeks that the person producing them was sick and had stop production. Last week, I found out on Cumulus Soaring website that the "SimplyKool" canopy cover was available.
Is this the same kind of cover, made by another provider? Anyone got one of them?
Thanks,

gabriel
p.s. I sent an email to Paul Remde but got no reply yet.
Old September 12th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've been receiving more
e-mails every day than I have time to respond to. I'm doing my best to keep
up.

The SimplyKool canopy covers are very nice. Customers have stated that they
are very happy with them. I've shipped about 20 so far with no complaints.
These are made by a different company.

There is no connection between the company that made the Franklin
Fabrication Platinum Canopy Caps and the SimplyKool company. There are
several companies around the world that now offer products similar to the
product that Franklin Fabrication introduced. It is a huge bummer that
Franklin Fabrication has been out of production for a while. I very much
hope that they go back into production at some time. I enjoyed working with
them.

But for now, the SimplyKool product is available and well received. I plan
to continue selling their products in the long run. When Franklin
Fabrication is back in business they I plan to sell both options on my web
site.

The new SimplyKool product does offer some nice features. They use an
elastic draw-string to set how tight it fits. You tie the draw-string once
and then just stretch the unit to pull it on or off.

However, SimplyKool does not offer the "Sun Shield" option that Franklin
Fabrication offered.

Please see my web site for details.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/simplykool.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Serving the soaring community
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
1-952-445-9033

Old September 13th 11, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mpcehand

Serving the soaring communityhttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com
1-952-445-9033

"Gabriel Duford" wrote in message

Hi!
Last winter, I ordered a "Platinum Canopy Cover" from Wings And Wheels and I
was told after a few weeks that the person producing them was sick and had
stop production. Last week, I found out on Cumulus Soaring website that the
"SimplyKool" canopy cover was available.
Is this the same kind of cover, made by another provider? Anyone got one of
them?
Thanks,

gabriel
p.s. I sent an email to Paul Remde but got no reply yet.

I have one of Pauls's canopy covers and I love it.. It is all that he
said it would be. I recommend him highly great to do business with.

Michael Cehand
Old September 14th 11, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SP

On Sep 12, 10:34*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

Is it possible to get a SimplyKool cover in plain white material
rather than metallic?
SP
Old September 14th 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

"SP" wrote in message
[...]

No. The SimplyKool product is available in Silver and Gold colors only.
They are shiny so they will reflect sunlight energy and keep the glider's
cockpit cool. White wouldn't work nearly as well.

Paul Remde

Old September 14th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Anybody do a lak17a cover yet?
Old September 14th 11, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Sean,

The manufacturer of the SimplyKool canopy covers is willing to make new
patterns if provided with measurements and photos. Please see the details
he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/simpl...e_Measurements

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

ASW27 Canopy Cover pat Soaring 2 September 13th 11 02:46 AM
SimplyKool Metallic Canopy Covers Paul Remde Soaring 5 August 20th 11 02:27 PM
Cloth For Canopy Cover John[_27_] Soaring 9 August 14th 10 12:16 AM
W&W canopy cover? Gary Emerson Soaring 5 April 1st 08 07:19 AM
canopy cover material? ken ward Soaring 0 March 8th 04 05:23 AM