zoche diesel status and specs?

Old June 20th 04, 01:59 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

Default zoche diesel status and specs?

does anyone know what is the status of the zoche radial diesel?
are any flying yet?

Don't believe it has ever flown, and I doubt that it will anytime soon.
Sure would love to have one on the front of my airplane, though.

Ed "still got my Zoche t-shirt" Wischmeyer
Old June 20th 04, 05:14 PM
Dave Driscoll

Karel,

I'm a complete partisan, but my I suggest you look at the DeltaHawk.

www.deltahawkengines.com

The other "serious" players in the market are SMA and Thielert, both are
further into production than DeltaHawk, but SMA is certified only and I
don't think Thielert is selling in the states yet. If you have any
questions, I'd be happy to answer any that I can.

Regards,

Dave Driscoll
DeltaHawk Engines LLC

karel adams wrote:

does anyone know what is the status of the zoche radial diesel?
are any flying yet?
also, does anyone have specifications and/or pricing?
their own website www.zoche.de is not saying very much...

TIA,
Karel

Old June 20th 04, 06:30 PM
Philippe

karel adams wrote:

"Dave Driscoll" schreef in bericht

I'm a complete partisan, but my I suggest you look at the DeltaHawk.

www.deltahawkengines.com

However my situation is reverse: I'm in Europe;
So Thielert is a nearer idea than DeltaHawk....
When you mention SMA, do you mean the Renault/Snecma thing?

Consider http://www.wilksch.com/
This engine fly in a Torp211, in an Europa and perhaps today in a MCR4S

See you at Chambley 2004?

A+
--
Minicab F-PRAZ
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Old June 20th 04, 06:36 PM
Dave Driscoll

Yes the SMA is the Renault/Snecma thing. If you're in Europe, I believe
that Thielert is going to be releasing engines to the experimental world
shortly. As long as the size works out for you that would probably be
your best bet. Like Thielert, DeltaHawk is trying to keep our first
production runs close to home.

Dave

karel adams wrote:

"Dave Driscoll" schreef in bericht

Karel,

I'm a complete partisan, but my I suggest you look at the DeltaHawk.

www.deltahawkengines.com

The other "serious" players in the market are SMA and Thielert, both

are

further into production than DeltaHawk, but SMA is certified only and

don't think Thielert is selling in the states yet. If you have any
questions, I'd be happy to answer any that I can.

Regards,

Dave Driscoll
DeltaHawk Engines LLC

Thank you Dave
However my situation is reverse: I'm in Europe;
So Thielert is a nearer idea than DeltaHawk....
When you mention SMA, do you mean the Renault/Snecma thing?

KA

Old June 21st 04, 12:07 AM
Andreas Maurer

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:45:35 -0000, "karel adams"
wrote:

Thank you Dave
However my situation is reverse: I'm in Europe;
So Thielert is a nearer idea than DeltaHawk....

Please take a closer look at the available Diesel engines, especially
the weight and dimensions. They are heavy, and pretty big.
The Thielert is working well, but is incredibly compley - I strongly
doubt that a home-builder is able to install it properly.

If you are looking for an engine in the 130-160 hp range, check the
Limbach 2400 DT. It's turbo-charged, 135 hp,certified, reliable, very
light (85 kg compared to the 140 kg of a Thielert), small, and with
the turbocharger its optimum operating altitude is at 10.000 - 14.000
ft, giving a good TAS. Fuel consumption as well as price is not much
inferior to a Diesel, and installation is a lot easier.

They just published the new 160 hp version with a regulated
turbocharger.

Bye
Andreas
Old June 21st 04, 02:24 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"karel adams" wrote:

does anyone know what is the status of the zoche radial diesel?
are any flying yet?
also, does anyone have specifications and/or pricing?
their own website www.zoche.de is not saying very much...

TIA,
Karel

Unfortunately, Zoche has bee at it for at least the past 20 years and
has yet to show one flying. Maybe he and Moller will get together and
put them in Aircars?

They apparently are competing for the world's supply of balonium and
unobtanium to make their products.

Seriously, it appears that Zoche's "engine" is a subsidy scam to obtain
German Gov't R&D money and will probably never result in anything
useful.

I also have my Zoche T-shirt, and it DOES fly (on me, in my
Lycoming-powered plane)!