Pre-Osh Pool Party July 23rd in Iowa City!

Old June 25th 05, 02:03 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Pre-Osh Pool Party July 23rd in Iowa City!

For those who are heading to Oshkosh on July 23rd, don't forget to plan your
fuel stop in Iowa City for our annual Pre Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party!

Stop in at the inn for free food, beer, pop, and music, all served at
poolside for pilots, family and friends en route to Oshkosh. It's our way
of saying "thanks" for another great year!

Since we are already sold out I am investigating other lodging opportunities
in the area. We will certainly be able to find SOMEWHERE nearby for you to
spend the night, if desired.

I'm also investigating camping opportunities. We've got a 100 yard piece of
grass alongside one of our buildings, between us and the airport (it's part
of the "clear area" at the approach end of Rwy 25), that could fit half a
dozen or so tents, and we've got six showers in our rooming house that any
campers could use. Between that and the breakfast restaurant 400 yards
north, I think we've got you campers covered!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us at 888-9ALEXIS
(888-925-3947) or drop me an email at
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 25th 05, 04:37 PM
RST Engineering

1. What room did you stuff us in this year, Jay?

2. Do you still have the outside antenna in the belfry?

3. Until further notice, let's MONITOR 123.3 MHz. and use it, if we have
to, sparingly.

Jim

Old June 25th 05, 04:51 PM
Jay Honeck

RST Engineering wrote:
1. What room did you stuff us in this year, Jay?

Well, your lovely wife is in the "Blackbird Suite" -- our 450 sq ft
jacuzzi suite tribute to the SR-71 Blackbird.

I'm not sure where *you* will be sleeping.... ;-)

2. Do you still have the outside antenna in the belfry?

You betcha. We play two different Unicoms and two different approach
frequencies continuously.

Remember, though, it's currently receive only. I haven't tried hooking
up my handheld to it.

3. Until further notice, let's MONITOR 123.3 MHz. and use it, if we have
to, sparingly.

Are you talking about at OSH?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 25th 05, 05:09 PM
RST Engineering

Remember, though, it's currently receive only. I haven't tried hooking
up my handheld to it.

Passive antennas (like that dipole) are reciprocal devices. That is, an
antenna doesn't really know whether it is transmitting or receiving. True,
the receiver is a bit more lenient of a mistuned antenna, but the general
rule of thumb is that if it hears good, it talks good too.

3. Until further notice, let's MONITOR 123.3 MHz. and use it, if we have
to, sparingly.

Are you talking about at OSH?

Both IOW and OSH. At least until we can be sure that we aren't jamming
somebody else in the vicinity of the airport.

Jim

Old June 25th 05, 05:15 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Well, your lovely wife is in the "Blackbird Suite" -- our 450 sq ft
jacuzzi suite tribute to the SR-71 Blackbird.

I'm not sure where *you* will be sleeping.... ;-)

We enjoyed our stay in the Stearman Suite (earlier this spring) for a
number of reasons:

1. Suite was very nice.
2. Suite was very big.
3. Car was right outside our door.
4. We didn't have to wear space suits to bed.

Montblack
Old June 25th 05, 06:48 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

4. We didn't have to wear space suits to bed.

????

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old June 25th 05, 07:10 PM
RST Engineering

The SR-71 required the pilot to wear what was, in essence, a space suit.
THe implication was that anybody that stays in the Blackbird Suite has to
wear a space suit while staying in that suite. That would make certain
maneuvers ... interesting to work out.

Jim

Old June 25th 05, 07:12 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Bob Noel wrote:
Montblack wrote:

4. We didn't have to wear space suits to bed.

????

SR-71 pilots don't fly in their skivvies...
Old June 25th 05, 07:15 PM
Jay Honeck

The SR-71 required the pilot to wear what was, in essence, a space suit.
THe implication was that anybody that stays in the Blackbird Suite has to
wear a space suit while staying in that suite. That would make certain
maneuvers ... interesting to work out.

Just wait till our Apollo Suite is done.

Heh, heh, heh...ahem.

;-)

(All we've got to do is get these pesky guests to quit reserving the
danged thing every week, and we'd have it *done* by now!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 25th 05, 07:32 PM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
Just wait till our Apollo Suite is done.
Heh, heh, heh...ahem.

Is the anti-gravity decking installed yet?