Iowa City Fly-In Pool Party THIS Saturday!

Old July 19th 05, 04:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Iowa City Fly-In Pool Party THIS Saturday!

For all you guys and gals en route to Oshkosh, stop in Iowa City (KIOW) this
Saturday for gas and a FREE pool party at our aviation theme suite hotel,
the Alexis Park Inn & Suites!

We are located adjacent to the Iowa City Municipal Airport, so stop by for
lunch or dinner -- or stay the night! Starting at noon this Saturday, July
23rd, we will be serving free food, drink and music at poolside, for pilots
and passengers. Hangar lying, er, flying will be held in abundance, and --
with temperatures approaching 100 degrees -- the pool will feel mighty nice
after a long day in the cockpit!

While you *can* walk over, it's easier to call Unicom on 122.8 when you're
ten miles out, and ask 'em to give us a call. We'll be by in our courtesy
van to pick you up (the ramp is on the opposite side of Rwy 25 from the Inn)
within a few minutes.

We're located just south of Cedar Rapid's Class C airspace, and easy two
hour flight to OSH. Our VOR frequency is 116.2.

See http://alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_pool_party.htm for more details!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 19th 05, 05:51 PM
Doug

Yeah, allright. Let's have a party at Jay's place!!!

Old July 19th 05, 09:31 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Sorry, Jay, but weather permitting I'll be in the air between NJ and
Columbus, OH on the Saturday. Weather not permitting, I'll be in the car.
Sunday morning my brothers and I will hit the road in the RV we acquired for
this trip. See you there. We'll be somewhere in the "generator friendly"
camping area. What was the final decision on a communications frequency?

Old July 19th 05, 09:39 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
For all you guys and gals en route to Oshkosh, stop in Iowa City (KIOW)
this Saturday for gas and a FREE pool party at our aviation theme suite
hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites!

Thanks! (I like how you support your business and the plane nuts!)

Love to, but 1) This is my busy season until about late November, and 2) I'm
on medication that's making me grouchy (okay...more so than normal), so no
flying for some weeks. :~(

Have a cold one for me.

Old July 19th 05, 10:25 PM
RST Engineering

We're going to try 123.3 until we find that we are interfering with a local
user and if so switch back to 122.75.

Jim

Old July 19th 05, 11:45 PM
jonladd

Isn't Bob asking about a frequency to be used at Oshkosh? We use 123.3
at the Vette if I recall correctly.

Old July 20th 05, 12:24 AM
RST Engineering

That may be true. However, there are two things to consider.

1. The Vette is not a recognized seaplane base; it is not on the sectional
nor in the AFD. Anything you "use" there is strictly the way we will "use"
it, by gentlemen's agreement. That is, use it if you have to and try not to
interfere with anybody else. I have used 123.3 for almost every photo run
I've made during the Show in the last 10 years (generally one to two a year
for Kitplanes covers) and so far we've managed to keep from screwing you
guys up -- as a matter of fact if you hadn't mentioned it, I would have
never remembered it.

2. The range of a handheld at OSH will not reach Vette. At an antenna
height of 6', horizon is at most 3.5 miles. It is damned near that far from
Basler to the end of the classic tiedown area. We will just have to coexist
for airborne stations. It isn't difficult if you can keep the junior
operators away from the transmit switch, "good buddy don'cha know".

We may make a mid-course correction to 123.5 if we can't keep from messing
each other up. I don't see it a problem. I've got the license for both,
so it makes no neverminds to me.

Jim

oups.com...