I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 20th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:04:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Good grief. The compass has a diaphragm to take care of
expansion and contraction, and its fluid is just a solvent that has a
low freeze point. Even plain old gasoline has a low freeze point.

I've heard A&P's reference kerosene.
Old May 21st 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 5/17/2008 4:49 PM Bertie the Bunyip said the following:
Helen Waite wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Again, you are talking to a pilot, who just experienced IMC and a
vacuum failure.
You're a very lucky pilot, then, if you're here posting to this
newsgroup.

Good grief! The poster is NOT the only pilot who has experienced
vacuum failure in IMC. It's one of the basic things we train for. I
had vacuum failure the very first time I was in the clouds after
passing my checkride. It was a non-event.

Bertie was being charitable when he said you know less about aviation
than a cinder block.

I'm kind of the mother Theresa of usenet.

Old, dead, and smelly???
Old May 21st 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On May 20, 12:16 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Good grief. The compass has a diaphragm to take care of
expansion and contraction, and its fluid is just a solvent that has a
low freeze point. Even plain old gasoline has a low freeze point.

Mr. Potato Head, we don't put a big blob of flammable
material in a cock-pit, your sci-phy-math-chem education
is a functional Gr.10.

Compass fluid is a petroleum product and is flammable. Its MSDS
says it's odorless mineral spirits, which would make it similar to
household paint thinner: http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/m...4/wcd00445.htm

Nothing "precision" about that. And as for lag while banking, you
haven't studied the Private Pilot groundschool stuff about Northerly
Turning Error or anything else. You CANNOT use it to roll out on a
heading like you claim.

Duh, that's what your mag-field map is for,
it provides the mag-heading relative to true
north at the location you're at.
I flew alot in ontario and lines are a mess,
but that's not a big deal over ~ 50 miles.

Magnetic variation has nothing to do with Northerly Turning
Error or acceleration/deceleration errors. Nothing at all. You never
took groundschool, obviously. And in southern Ontario, where you
"flew," the variation is minimal, which you did not know. The lines
aren't a "mess." Out in western Canada it gets a little more complex:
http://nationalatlas.gov/articles/geology/a_geomag.html

My required instruction was to use
the mag-comp for IFR, including pitch level,
yaw constant, and nulled roll, it's a semi skill.
It has two spheres, one enclosing fixed to the
aircraft that is transparent, but demarkated,
and a internal floater also demarkated.
The relative equators is what's important.
Once the heading and throttle power is fixed,
align the equators to maintain a constant
pitch and altitude, and that will get you by in
foggy night, if you have a flashlight.
That's a 1 hour lesson, and I'd be happy to
instruct you on that, if you're qualified to
understand it.

No, it won't. Ever. No matter how many times you claim it will.

I had a cool instructor and we'd play out worst
case scenerios, such as in a dark and stormy
foggy night with all normal instruments failed,
how do we get back to a base.

What a bunch of nonsense. It would be funny if it didn't have the
potential to mislead normal students.

And you can't fly a 150 at 37 Kts indicated on approach. 150s
never had knotmeters. anyway. Had airspeed indicators calibrated in
MPH.

LOL, Is that a MIAS instead of a KIAS?

MPH indicated. You should know that.

And what is an "indescent indicator?" Does it measure indecent
exposure, maybe?

Depends on whether you're using the yoke or
the stick, which do you prefer?
Ken

How does that make any difference to an instrument that does
not exist?

Dan
Old May 21st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

Not if you are using the right aircraft and you have crashes enabled. I once
damaged my flaps simply by making a somewhat firm landing, and I've damaged
gear on several occasions.

A blatant lie.

Again.

Old May 21st 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Michael Ash

In rec.aviation.student gatt wrote:
Michael Ash wrote:
In rec.aviation.student gatt wrote:

Congratulations, now you look like an arrogant asshole.

Of course so does MX, but at least he's an *entertaining* arrogant
asshole.

Sometimes you have to speak their language.

I've seen no evidence that "his language" consists of all-caps yelling
about piloting. Quite the opposite, actually.

My purpose wasn't to
entertain people. If you want, however, I'll tell you some knock-knock
jokes.

I don't think your purpose *should* be to entertain people. Obviously
that's not why this group is here, at least not primarily. But at least
it's a redeeming feature of his posts, something that many of the

I'm sure everybody appreciates your encouragement of his
behavior, by the way. Nice job, Ash.

Oh please. If he hasn't responded to years of strong, frequently abusive
*dis*couragement of his behavior, what makes you think he'll respond to
*en*couragement? It should be blindingly obvious that he'll do what he
wishes and will not change his habits just because of what someone says.

I find it to be tremendously ironic that these recent monster threads
revolving around MX have led me to killfile several people who respond to
him but not to killfile him.

That's your choice. Different people come to the forum for different
reasons. I'm here to share my experience and learn from the experience
of others, and I read a whole lot more than I post.

Same here.

If you get to the point where you're typing in all caps, or having to wave
your certificates in his face, take a moment to step back and think about
whether your reply adds any value to the group.

He came out here, asked the pilots a question then proceeded to refute
every single thing they said. Not just me ASEL pilots like me, but just
about everybody.

I answered his question initially because the question had value to the
student pilots in the student group. His utter nonsense that followed
merely adds misinformation and, perhaps, satisfies your entertainment
needs.

As to whether "waving certificates" in people's faces adds value, it's
not much different than sourcing an official or authoritative reference,
is it? If we were talking about combat it would be relevant for the
readers to understand that the people in the discussion are a video game
geek versus a combat veteran.

It's relevant to the discussion, sure, when you present it as backing for
your opinion or for facts. But when you come straight out and shout
someone dow, saying that they're not allowed to disagree with you because
you have credentials and they don't, that's just bad taste.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying all this because I think you're
worse than MX. Quite the contrary. MX is beyond hope, and thus isn't worth
trying to correct. The rest of you, however, ought to be able to modify
your behavior to make things better.

MX is a troll. Whether he is this way because he intends to be or simply
because his personality causes him to be this way is irrelevant. Trolls
destroy groups by spawning massive threads that drown out all the useful
bits of the group. And of course it takes two to tango; a troll works by
getting people to reply to him. If nobody replied to MX he would merely be
obnoxious, not group-destroying.

It's tough, and annoying, but to stop a troll you *must* be willing to let
him have the last word.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old May 21st 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

On May 20, 6:26 pm, wrote:
On May 20, 12:16 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Good grief. The compass has a diaphragm to take care of
expansion and contraction, and its fluid is just a solvent that has a
low freeze point. Even plain old gasoline has a low freeze point.

Mr. Potato Head, we don't put a big blob of flammable
material in a cock-pit, your sci-phy-math-chem education
is a functional Gr.10.

Compass fluid is a petroleum product and is flammable. Its MSDS
says it's odorless mineral spirits, which would make it similar to
household paint thinner: http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/m...4/wcd00445.htm

Anti-freeze. (glycol)
Ken

Old May 21st 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Maxwell[_2_]

In article , Bertie the
Bunyip says...

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

He/She/It has denied being Anthony Atkielski, so we really have no
way to tell.

1) Anthony Atkielski published a blog (aprenta.blogspot.com)

2) MX denies having ever written a blog

Therefore MX denies being Anthony Atlielski

And with the proven desire both Bertie and his ilk (recruited by
constant cross posting), has shown in forging identities, Bertie's
influence on the noise level of this group is really the only thing we
can be sure of.

As long as i have you anyway!

Y'know, if'n Maxine doesn't like the noise level in rap, mebbe he
should ask teh B8MBis for a moderated froup.

snicker

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of MX's recent postings were not
forgeries by Bertie & Co, since he has such a hard time getting
attention otherwise.

I don't forge, fjukkwit.

Put up or shut up.

If i've forged you and Databasix has ignored your protests, then
news.admin.net-abuse.usenet is the place you should be shrieking about it.
Databasix and/or Altopia would get a usenet death penalty and I'd be SOL
for usenet access.

So, if you're going to level forgery accusations you had better be prepared
to back them up.

Put up or shut up, asshole.

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old May 21st 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

He came out here, asked the pilots a question then proceeded to refute
every single thing they said. Not just me ASEL pilots like me, but just
about everybody.

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"
"gatt" wrote in message
. ..
Michael Ash wrote:
In rec.aviation.student gatt wrote:

Congratulations, now you look like an arrogant asshole.

Of course so does MX, but at least he's an *entertaining* arrogant
asshole.

Sometimes you have to speak their language. My purpose wasn't to entertain
people. If you want, however, I'll tell you some knock-knock jokes. I'm
[...]

-c
Arrogant Asshole

Old May 21st 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

He came out here, asked the pilots a question then proceeded to refute
every single thing they said. Not just me ASEL pilots like me, but just
about everybody.

On the contrary, MX started by posting that pilots cannot rely on physical
sensations in instrument flight, and that the instruments must be your
primary source of flight information. Dudley, myself, the FAA, and pretty
much every source on the planet has agreed 100% with this statement, yet --
for reasons known only to y'all -- many posters here have now gone to
incredible lengths to prove MX wrong.

The argument has gone Clinton-esque, by nuancing the meaning of "sensation"
down to the subtlest level. Now, of course, MX has gone off on a zillion
tangents since then, and the signal/noise ratio here has gone back to
unintelligible levels.

I don't know what strange power MX wields over so many here, but it's
creepy.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 21st 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On May 20, 11:43 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
On May 20, 6:26 pm, wrote:

Compass fluid is a petroleum product and is flammable. Its MSDS
says it's odorless mineral spirits, which would make it similar to
household paint thinner: http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/m...4/wcd00445.htm

Anti-freeze. (glycol)
Ken

Glycol is a "slight to moderate fire hazard," unlike
petroleum products. It is not the same as paint thinner or compass
fluid or anywhere near the same. It's a form of alcohol.
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/e5125.htm

Dan

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM