I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 13th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On May 13, 7:36 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:

My wife got me a Citizen this Christmas nice BIG numbers with for hands
on it. The three obvious plus a fourth smaller that points at the
imbeded zulu scale. I like it a lot. Very easy to read (except the
date)under all conditions short of long term total darkness.

I had one like that, wore it out, and can't find another. Who
makes it?

Dan
Old May 13th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

wrote:

My wife got me a Citizen this Christmas nice BIG numbers with for hands
on it. The three obvious plus a fourth smaller that points at the
imbeded zulu scale. I like it a lot. Very easy to read (except the
date)under all conditions short of long term total darkness.

I had one like that, wore it out, and can't find another. Who
makes it?

Dan

My guess would be Citizen.

Old May 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"F. Baum" wrote in news:b28d93a6-5f7f-4a7c-94ee-
:

On May 13, 6:01*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Well, I only use the airplane's clock in flight, and there's precious
little need for that these days ( I was recently asked why I punch

the
stopwatch passing the marker by a training captain not too long ago)

The
wris****ch is only as a backup in flight. It doesn't have a stop

watch
function at all, though I probably would have one if the airplane

didn't
have one for flying instruments.

The Boeings have nice clocks although like you said, they dont get
used much. All the holds are DME based and I cant remember the last
time anyone here timed an approach. I do wear a $30 timex, but thats
just to make sure I show up on time. It is actually a whatch someone
on this list recomended (I knew I wasnt just waisting my time on this
list).
F Baum

Yeh, I have a Seiko worth maybe 75 that i got as a gift. Mostly for
showing up on time as you say. I still hit the clock passing the marker
every time, though. It's more a spacial awareness type thing now. The
habit comes from giving yourself the ability to revert to a non-
precision if you lost the glide or the ILS altogether or to help you
find the MAP if there was a complete failre. Almost completely redundant
now, but I still do it because it helps my awareness.

Bertie
Old May 13th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Scott Skylane wrote:
Bob Fry wrote:
Hey, you just need a better newsreader. I use GNUS, part of GNU
Emacs. After screening out Jay Honeck and his homies, Bertie, and a
few others, 90% of the posts are gone and 95% of the junk.

And you're left with exactly, what?

The good stuff.

Wow, you guys really filter-out Jay?

Old May 13th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On May 14, 1:09*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
More_Flaps writes:
Nope, still not the same -as supported by the reference you gave. Ad
hominem is an abbreviation for Argumentum ad hominem ...

= argument against the man (personal attack)

An argument = attack? You wouldn't last long as a scientist.

Cheers
Old May 13th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

wrote:

My wife got me a Citizen this Christmas nice BIG numbers with for hands
on it. The three obvious plus a fourth smaller that points at the
imbeded zulu scale. I like it a lot. Very easy to read (except the
date)under all conditions short of long term total darkness.

* * *I had one like that, wore it out, and can't find another. Who
makes it?

Foriners. employed by Citizen

Cheers
Old May 13th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

More_Flaps writes:
Nope, still not the same -as supported by the reference you gave. Ad
hominem is an abbreviation for Argumentum ad hominem ...

= argument against the man (personal attack)

An argument = attack? You wouldn't last long as a scientist.

Cheers

Science is interesting in how it's approached on occasion. It's so much
what something is as what it isn't.
I believe it was Einstein who, when asked what an atom looked like, once
said,
"Well, I'm not really sure what an atom looks like, but I'm fairly
certain it doesn't look like a cat".
You have to respect a guy with a sense of humor like that :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 13th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I was! It's a fukkin joke!

Bertie

Nah, you're the ****ing joke.

Old May 13th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
One of my favorite quotations of all time is this. Gregory Peck, when he
had just hit the big time in the early fifties, and his gang showed up
at a fancy restaurant. The Maitre'd informed them it would be some time
before they could be seated. One of his entourage stepped up to the
Maitre'd and said, excuse me, but do you know who this is?" Peck pulled
him aside and said to him "If ya gotta tell 'em who you are, you ain't"
I think of this every time I see a guy with watch with 47 functions on
it.

Bertie

I think of it every time you and Dudley get in to one of your stroking
sessions.

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM