harley engine

Old September 21st 03, 07:33 PM
Air Methods Corporation

Default harley engine

i'm not sure, but after attending a motorcycle rally at laughlin nevada it
looks like indian motorcycles use harley engines. or at least, harley
clones. and there are a lot of harley clones to choose from. i'm having
internet connection problems today, but try http://www.sscycle.com for info.

Old September 21st 03, 08:13 PM
Larry Smith

"Air Methods Corporation" wrote in message
i'm not sure, but after attending a motorcycle rally at laughlin nevada it
looks like indian motorcycles use harley engines. or at least, harley
clones. and there are a lot of harley clones to choose from. i'm having
internet connection problems today, but try http://www.sscycle.com for

info.

I know two guys, uh, outlaws, with Indians. O, breathtakingly beautiful
machines. One says his engine is an S&S and the other, who has a newer
Indian, says Indian is now manufacturing its own engines like the one on
his'n. S&S makes H-D clone engines and has for some time now. I used to
buy S&S stuff for my shovelheads because it was high quality and lasted.

On the question of the H-D engine in an airplane, a friend came back from
the Pietenpol fly-in at Brodhead, WI and said there was a beautiful airplane
there with an Evo engine in it, but he neglected to determine if the prop is
spinning at the crank's rpm. As you may know the aluminum Evo with steel
liner combustion chamber runs at a significantly lower temperature than the
shovelhead or panhead engines. It seems to me that you would need to turn
the engine at higher rpm than the prop, though, to get effective takeoff
horsepower. Then you would probably have a cooling problem unless you
could really bathe the heads in great volumes of cool air.

Sometime back I posted a link to a Harley engine used in an airplane. I
haven't seen this whole thread but assume somebody has posted the link.

I haven't ridden my old Panhead in a while. The last time I rode it, a
truck just ahead dropped two 4 by 4's in front of me. Me 'n' ol' Panhead
straddled one and hit the other at a quartering angle, nearly spilling us
onto the asphalt and busting me butticks and spraining me low back.
Howsomever, when the leaves git purty 'n' the Blue Ridge Parkway beckons. .
..