Photo Pilot Certificates

Old September 25th 04, 10:32 AM
Cub Driver

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:01:30 +0200, "marcelfrancisci"
wrote:

would't be any good to the hundred
of thousands of FAA licenced pilots that live abroad...

Do they worry much about FAA ramp checks?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org
Old September 26th 04, 02:53 AM
NW_PILOT

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

KayInPA wrote:

The pros/cons of the measure notwithstanding, wouldn't it make sense
to work with state driver's licensing centers? I mean, aren't they
already in the business of issuing (semi) secure identification
cards... in somewhat convenient locations nationwide?

It would make more sense to simply require that the pilot submit photos in

exactly
the same format and method as that currently used for passports.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to

have
been looking for it.

That's what I was thinking but the post office would charge you $80.00 to
take and seal your info. unless you could have it done for free at a local
FSDO like at the passport agency

Old September 26th 04, 02:57 AM
NW_PILOT

Some states drivers license don't expire!

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
Does anyone know how they're handling the fact that our certificates are
permenant, yet our appearance can change over time? Will we get a new
photograph at every medical? Will we end up with three different cards...
a permenant certificate, a medical, and a photo ID card? I can't see why
they don't keep using the rule where you have to have you're state
driver's license on your person, when flying. I realize state licenses
are not consistent, but the whole idea of this ID is silly, anyway.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Old September 26th 04, 03:05 AM
NW_PILOT

I don't want to be charged $80.00 by the post office to seal an envelope!
That is an expense that would only benefits the post office they would have
to make another way to submit your photos like the passport agency bring
yourself birth cert. and some forum of ID and no $80.00 fee from the post
office. I'd be ok with letting a notary charge me a set fee mandated by the
FAA to seal the application/photo envelope at leased it is going to a
private person in most cases and not the post office. Supporting the local
economy

"Blanche" wrote in message
KayInPA wrote:
[snip]
The pros/cons of the measure notwithstanding, wouldn't it make sense
to work with state driver's licensing centers? I mean, aren't they
already in the business of issuing (semi) secure identification
cards... in somewhat convenient locations nationwide?

Obviously you haven't spent time in a Colorado DL office lately!

For starters, they've been attacked by a virus that has shut them
down for the entire week. You can take the written or the checkride
but they can't issue the DL.

I'm voting for the same approach as a passport. Go get the photo
at any stripmall, get the application (either online or at the
local post office), bring cash and the current passport to the
post office and a few days later, a new passport appears.

Why can't we use the same approach for the new FAA ID? Same process
only now you add the existing FAA cert.

No passport? No problem. Use your DL or other Govt. issued ID.

This is not rocket science, folks!