c-182 carb temp gauge

Old November 23rd 04, 09:55 PM
R.T.

Default c-182 carb temp gauge

I was wondering if someone could give some insight into the various options
for a carb temp guage for my 67 skylane with a Continental 0-470.

Old November 23rd 04, 10:48 PM
Mike Adams

"R.T." wrote:

I was wondering if someone could give some insight into the various
options for a carb temp guage for my 67 skylane with a Continental
0-470.

I also have a '67 and it has the guage. It looks like it's factory original - 2" analog indicator on the far right
side of the panel, next to the factory original EGT. I agree with the posters in the other thread - carb heat
does cause rough running in this big engine, due to the enriched mixture. The nice thing about the carb
temp guage is you don't have to go full on with the carb heat, you can just give it a small tweak, to bring
the temp up above the yellow range. I don't know if there's an aftermarket version available. You might
check with the salvage places to see if there's an original available.

Mike

Have you ever experienced carb ice with an injector carb? flybynightkarmarepair Home Built 1 January 31st 05 01:48 AM
Archer high oil temp Mike Noel Owning 7 June 15th 04 03:38 PM
Carb Temperature Gauge fly_the_skies Home Built 6 January 14th 04 03:32 PM
carb temp probe Philippe Vessaire Home Built 1 September 20th 03 08:21 AM
Regarding Oil Temp Gauge and Line Repairable rkane33 Owning 0 September 14th 03 09:54 PM