Fed Ex Weather Diversions

Old May 4th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Fed Ex Weather Diversions

This is cool!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N4DC52E0D

This really makes you appreciate the kind of crap weather that most of
us have the luxury of avoiding.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 4th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:1146708441.408366.22260
@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

This is cool!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N4DC52E0D

This really makes you appreciate the kind of crap weather that most of
us have the luxury of avoiding.

That is hilarious!! It's like watching a bunch of ants scurrying
around trying to find their way back to the nest after you've just
put something across their trail to block it.

Brina
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old May 4th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is cool!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N4DC52E0D

This really makes you appreciate the kind of crap weather that most of
us have the luxury of avoiding.

Way too funny!

I couldn't help but notice that most of them did not look to be obeying the
"20 miles away from the thunderstorm" rule.

I'm sure they were all being safe. It must have been a very clean break,
from storm to clear. A wall cloud, perhaps?

Jay, do you know of anyone with recent wall cloud experience?

g Sorry. "The devil made me do it."
--
Jim in NC

Old May 4th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I would not want to HAVE to work for any of the delivery services in
any capacity - pilot, driver, loader, etc. - Indentured servitude
reinvented..
I have all three major services deliver packages to us almost daily...
The drivers, while pleasant, are twitchy, driven people operating under
enormous time pressures... My job is demanding of my time, attention,
and energy but not in the same magnitude of theirs where every rotation
of the wheels, every time the door opens, every time the engine starts.
is recorded, measured, evaluated, and held against them...
As an old warrior on the automobile assembly lines, when I look at the
truck delivery services I am reminded of that old saying of Walter
Reuther - The world's largest, glorified, goldplated, sweatshop...

denny

Old May 4th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Denny wrote:
I would not want to HAVE to work for any of the delivery services in
any capacity - pilot, driver, loader, etc. - Indentured servitude
reinvented..

As an old warrior on the automobile assembly lines, when I look at the
truck delivery services I am reminded of that old saying of Walter
Reuther - The world's largest, glorified, goldplated, sweatshop...

....and every employee is a volunteer.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old May 4th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Denny" wrote in message
snip
The drivers, while pleasant, are twitchy, driven people operating under
enormous time pressures... snip

I've got to tell you about one particular delivery guy that we had... he
was so grumpy, so pressured it was absolutely hilarious to watch him...
always rushing, fumbling, complaining, and getting further behind... never a
nice thing to say.... always an exasperated sigh on the tip of his tongue...
until one day...

Phone rings and it's him... he had just left our office after our daily
delivery... in a real quiet but frazzled voice he says.... "hey Jim, I
really need a favor, I'm south of town a couple miles at the pickle plant
and I'm stuck, can you come give me a pull?"

Ok, this is in the middle of the summer, no rain, no mud, no nothing to get
stuck in... So I asked, "what are you stuck in and what kind of a truck or
tractor will I need?" and he proceeds to explain how as he was leaving, he
backed across a loading ramp and his rear axle fell off the side. His truck
was sitting on the frame. Talk about embarrassed...

from that day on he always had a smile.

Our current guy and I have a deal....he tells me when he delivers things to
my wife at the bank, and I try to prevent her from ordering junk to make his
job easier.

Jim

Old May 4th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article .com,
"Denny" wrote:

As an old warrior on the automobile assembly lines, when I look at the
truck delivery services I am reminded of that old saying of Walter
Reuther - The world's largest, glorified, goldplated, sweatshop...

I worked the subassembly lines (instrument clusters, seats, unloading
boxcars) for six years while I was in college. Once I had fulfilled my
daily quota, I was told to go hide for the last couple hours of my shift.
Old May 4th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is cool!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N4DC52E0D

This really makes you appreciate the kind of crap weather that most of
us have the luxury of avoiding.

Way too funny!

Quite! It looked like a free-form version of Pac-Man!

Old May 4th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Once I had fulfilled my
daily quota, I was told to go hide for the last couple hours of my
shift.
************************************************** ****************************

Yeah, part of what killed GM, etc... AC Delco parts factory in Flint
was famous for that... A shirt tail relative worked there for 30 years
- she was TOLD by union reps what days she was not to show up, they
would punch her in and out...
OTOH, the final assembly lines were/are demanding... You have to be
there, every minute is monitored, have to have relief to go to the can,
etc...
Anyway, from what I see the package delivery folks are rode hard and
put away wet...

denny

denny

Old May 4th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

This really makes you appreciate the kind of crap weather that most of
us have the luxury of avoiding.

Great find, Jay. Did you notice the one aircraft approaching from the
northeast who broke away from the main line and attempted a diversion to
the east and south, then (assuming the animation was timed with the
aircraft positions correctly) flew through a smaller thunderstorm cell to
get to the airport?

--
Peter