PIREP: 2I3 (Rough River State Park, Falls of Rough, KY)

Old March 1st 04, 01:11 AM
Kyler Laird

Default PIREP: 2I3 (Rough River State Park, Falls of Rough, KY)

Right after I got my AMEL (and before I was flying our Aztec), I
rented a Seneca and took my family to 2I3.
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0...g/image_viewer
As I recall, we got there at the tail end of lunch but still ate
something and then headed right home. It wasn't a big deal.

Today we returned, along with a couple of friends (but only three
dogs) in our Aztec. We got there in time for the opening of lunch.
The food was o.k. and it was nice just to sit and enjoy the scenery.
(We ate inside and let the dogs hang loose out in their tent.)

After lunch we wandered along the reservoir and noticed a miniature
golf course. We stopped just to relax and enjoy the beautiful
weather for a bit.
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0...g/image_viewer
The course appeared to be closed but Kitty pushed me to just find
some balls and a putter so that we could play. It didn't take much
investigation to discover that although the miniature golf shop was
closed, the main golf shop provided miniature golf supplies. (It
was $3/person, just like the movie we saw last night. We are *such*
big spenders.)

We enjoyed being the only ones on the course
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0...g/image_viewer
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0...g/image_viewer
but we apparently made a good advertisement and were soon joined by
other families. We all had a good time.

After our round of golf, we headed home. It was a fun low-key way
to spend a Sunday. Recommended.

--kyler