Kerry?

Old August 27th 04, 04:07 AM
DavidG35

Default Kerry?

Not trying to be a smart ass but why should I vote for Kerry? Please leave
emotional BS and, "It's not Bush", as an answer. What has he accomplished
in 20 years in the senate? I recently retired after 20+ in the AF and I
never saw squat from him supporting the military during that time and I feel
our country is still at war and am afraid all he would do is lead by opinion
polls like another president that thought terrorism is a crime and not a
war.
Thanks,
GMAN

Old August 27th 04, 04:10 AM
Bob Coe

"DavidG35" wrote

Not trying to be a smart ass but why should I vote for Kerry?

Vote for anyone you want. Your justification in any regard, is
about your personal future needs and goals, and which candidate
will form a cabinet and administration that closely aligns with these.

Old August 27th 04, 04:23 AM
John A. Weeks III

In article KtxXc.106707$Lj.49511@fed1read03, DavidG35
wrote:

Not trying to be a smart ass but why should I vote for Kerry? Please leave
emotional BS and, "It's not Bush", as an answer. What has he accomplished
in 20 years in the senate? I recently retired after 20+ in the AF and I
never saw squat from him supporting the military during that time and I feel
our country is still at war and am afraid all he would do is lead by opinion
polls like another president that thought terrorism is a crime and not a
war.

Perhaps it isn't so much what Kerry has done, but what he will not
do, and that is make all the serious mistakes that Bush has made.
At least Kerry will probably be able to read the intelligence reports
(rather ignoring terrorist warnings), and be able to tell which
country is which on the other side of world (so he wouldn't have
invaded Iraq by mistake), nor will Kerry allow the US people to
suffer in the worst depression in the past 80 years while our jobs
are moving overseas. If you are conservative economically, then
Kerry should be your choice -- Democrats traditionally increase
jobs and decrease the defecit. Liberals like Bush are trying to
spend the country into oblivion and our grandchildren will still
be paying for W's extravagent spending if we don't stop him now.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old August 27th 04, 05:02 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote:

[...]

We're now in the worst depresion since 1924? Things are worse now than
during the Great Depression?

If you are conservative economically, then Kerry should be your choice --

Why is that? Kerry isn't an economic conservative?

Democrats traditionally increase jobs and decrease the defecit.

Traditionally? When has that EVER been true?

Liberals like Bush are trying to
spend the country into oblivion and our grandchildren will still
be paying for W's extravagent spending if we don't stop him now.

So vote for someone more liberal than Bush?

Old August 27th 04, 05:37 AM
Steve Hix

In article ,
"John A. Weeks III" wrote:

nor will Kerry allow the US people to
suffer in the worst depression in the past 80 years

What a truly silly assertion.

while our jobs are moving overseas.

You need to check actual fact: "outsourcing" works both ways, and we
have more pay gained from jobs moved to the U.S. than lost to moving
other jobs offshore.
Old August 27th 04, 11:16 AM
Vaughn

No aviation content. Take it to a political group and you may get a reasonable
answer.

Vaughn

Old August 27th 04, 03:15 PM
John A. Weeks III

In article , Steve
Hix wrote:

You need to check actual fact: "outsourcing" works both ways, and we
have more pay gained from jobs moved to the U.S. than lost to moving
other jobs offshore.

Great. Now tell that to the people in the midwest where entire
cities are folding up and blowing away due to job loss. Tell
that to the long term unemployeed who have lost thier jobs,
their unemployment has run out, and now have lost their healthcare.
Data out yesterday proves the point that almost 2-million more
people live in poverty today than when W took office. Now tell
me that it is good for the economy.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old August 27th 04, 04:02 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message

Great. Now tell that to the people in the midwest where entire
cities are folding up and blowing away due to job loss. Tell
that to the long term unemployeed who have lost thier jobs,
their unemployment has run out, and now have lost their healthcare.
Data out yesterday proves the point that almost 2-million more
people live in poverty today than when W took office. Now tell
me that it is good for the economy.

What would you like the government to do about that?

Old August 27th 04, 06:26 PM
Jim Yanik

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

wrote:

[...]

An interesting article on exactly this on NationalReview.com.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old August 27th 04, 06:33 PM
Jim Yanik

Perry wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Bull**** John, worst depression in the past 80 years, You're ****ing
joking right? Hope so because it really is funny. Because if you're
not then you are really ignorant.

check this out;
http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_c...0408260824.asp

--