Looking for help with French trailer documents (contact information)

Old February 19th 20, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for help with French trailer documents (contact information)

Le mardi 18 février 2020 16:45:40 UTC+1, Senna Van den Bosch a écritÂ*:
Op dinsdag 18 februari 2020 13:37:52 UTC+1 schreef :
I think this is where you'll find the information you need:

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr...e-mon-vehicule

I can only get automatic replies from them, but when choosing "Je souhaite faire une autre demande" I get an error that I can't use it since it is only available to users with a France Connect identity, which I do not have. I'm really stuck on this website :/

I found another FAQ where the website's answer to this kind of problem was "You have to find a French(wo)man who has a France Connect Identity and will act in your name". I'd say your best bet would be the person who sold you the trailer. I couldn't find a contact phone number on the ANTS website.

As for the Ministry (Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire, chargé des Transports), there is only a general phone number: +33 1 40 81 21 22.
Old February 19th 20, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

After reading this..
I'll NEVER Bitch about the DMV in the USA again!
DMW French style sounds impossible.

Old February 20th 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

"Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help!"..,
Fill in country and government branch....sigh.....
BTW....in NJ, it is the "NJ MVC" not DMV.....;-)

Yes,I have had some good interactions with the FAA in the US....some....
Old February 20th 20, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Try on this french forum:
http://www.volavoile.net/index.php?act=idx
François
Old February 20th 20, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op donderdag 20 februari 2020 08:31:58 UTC+1 schreef :
Try on this french forum:
http://www.volavoile.net/index.php?act=idx
François

Thanks! Will give this a try!
Old February 20th 20, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh[_2_]

At 07:31 20 February 2020, wrote:
Try on this french forum:
http://www.volavoile.net/index.php?act=3Didx
Fran=C3=A7ois

Trying Volavoile.net is a good idea, especially if you have good
French (I don't).
Looking back over the thread I'm not clear what is your exact
problem? Is the Certificate of Conformity wrong/has errors? If the
trailer has French registration then presumably the French thought
the (French) paperwork was in all in order?
Have you tried to contact the French authorities by email, attaching
copies of your documents?
During my protracted registration process I was advised, by the
French authorities, to have the trailer inspected by the French DRIRE
authorities. This was done at no small expense and trouble and the
trailer was pronounced roadworthy and the all the documents were
deemed correct. The French registration authorities then declined to
accept the DRIRE recommendation and simply said "Non" (again). So
my advice would be to continue trying to sort the paperwork and do
not get involved in physical trailer inspections because the
registration authorities and the inspection authorities are two quite
different systems and they don't seem to integrate.
i'm resident here in France and would be happy to get a "connect"
number if that would help.
Best of luck.

Old February 20th 20, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

May bge more cost effective to change the axle and towbar, and register as
a newly-built trailer...

Old February 20th 20, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le jeudi 20 février 2020 13:15:06 UTC+1, Eric Munk a écritÂ*:
May bge more cost effective to change the axle and towbar, and register as
a newly-built trailer...

This used to be an accepted system in Belgium (until the 90's, when we got the possibility to make all our old, non registered trailers conform to the changed legislation), but as far as I know, this is not a viable option anymore, unless you find a legitimate trailer building firm to take the responsability for the trailer and do the paperwork for you. At a cost...