Electronic Logbook

Old August 15th 04, 10:13 PM
Donald M. Ross

Default Electronic Logbook

Just getting back into flying and want to keep my log electronically. I
know that I can do it on a spreadsheet, but am interested in what (if
anything) others are using.

I have no intention of flying commercially, ME, or in actual IFR (but will
get the rating), but do want to track taildragger and ASES time.

I'm looking for specific pluses and minuses on the programs.

TIA - Don

Old August 16th 04, 12:34 AM
Bill Zaleski

Safelog is better.

Old August 16th 04, 12:43 AM
Javier Henderson

"Donald M. Ross" writes:

Just getting back into flying and want to keep my log electronically. I
know that I can do it on a spreadsheet, but am interested in what (if
anything) others are using.

http://www.logshare.com/

-jav
Old August 16th 04, 06:44 AM
Peter Lewis

I tried out Logbook Pro and found it 'over the top' for the average
private pilot.
I'm now using ForPilots Logbook (look on Google). You can choose which
fields that you want to activate and forget about the rest. Also allows
you to display some really cool graphs once you have all your stuff entered.
Best of all, it's shareware - you can use it for free for ever if the
nag screen does not irritate the hell out of you. I think its about
$US26 if you do choose to pay the fee.
Peter

Old August 16th 04, 12:40 PM
Tom Fleischman

I use an Excel spreadsheet to back up my paper logbook. It makes it
very easy to customize it any way that I want. I can easily get any
total that I might need.

Old August 16th 04, 03:09 PM
Sky King

SafeLog - Easy to use, inexpensive, filters data pretty much any way you
want.

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Safelog/

Old August 16th 04, 08:33 PM
Newps

Peter Lewis wrote:
I tried out Logbook Pro and found it 'over the top' for the average
private pilot.
I'm now using ForPilots Logbook (look on Google). You can choose which
fields that you want to activate and forget about the rest.

Just like Logbook Pro and every other logbook I've seen.

Also allows
you to display some really cool graphs once you have all your stuff
entered.

Same as Logbook Pro. Logbook Pro also will sync with your PDA and allow
you to have your logbook numbers like currency, total hours, last
30/60/90 etc.

Old August 16th 04, 10:40 PM
Maule Driver

I'm using Captain's Keeper. Only a desireable choice if you are a palm
user. Since I have a Treo/palm phone/organizer, it's great.

Seems to be built for commercial use but fine for private.... only if you
are a Palm user.