Glider Sales for last 15 Years?

Old December 9th 03, 04:18 AM
Snead1

Default Glider Sales for last 15 Years?

Does anyone keep records on sailplane sales? I have been curoius about the
number of the various types of gliders sold in the last 15 years.

Bill Snead
Old December 9th 03, 05:22 PM
Janusz Kesik

About 4,000 PW-5's have been sold in that time period.

Hey, it's way too many I think...

JK

Old December 9th 03, 09:25 PM
Richard Cawsey

"Snead1" wrote in message
Does anyone keep records on sailplane sales? I have been curoius about

the
number of the various types of gliders sold in the last 15 years.

OK, here are some estimates covering the years 1988 - 2002:

DG Flugzeugbau DG-300 238
DG Flugzeugbau DG-500 235
Glaser-Dirks DG-600 113
DG Flugzeugbau DG-800 286
DG Flugzeugbau DG-1000 16

Grob G 103C Twin III 167

HpH Ltd Glasflügel 304C 62
Start + Flug H101 Salto 7

Rolladen-Schneider LS4 475
Rolladen-Schneider LS6 210
Rolladen-Schneider LS7 165
Rolladen-Schneider LS8 453
Rolladen-Schneider LS9 7

Scheibe SF 34B 12

Schempp-Hirth Janus 73
Schempp-Hirth Nimbus-3D 54
Schempp-Hirth Nimbus-4 39
Schempp-Hirth Nimbus-4D 71
Schempp-Hirth Ventus c 248
Schempp-Hirth Ventus-2a/b 140
Schempp-Hirth Ventus-2c 285
Schempp-Hirth Discus a/b 370
Schempp-Hirth Discus CS 298
Schempp-Hirth Discus-2 160
Schempp-Hirth Duo Discus 357

Schleicher ASK 21 393
Schleicher ASW 22 34
Schleicher ASK 23 50
Schleicher ASW 24 310
Schleicher ASH 25 205
Schleicher ASH 26 200
Schleicher ASW 27 201
Schleicher ASW 28 61

Stemme S10 160

SZD-42-2 Jantar 2B 10
SZD-48-3 Jantar-Standard 3 118
SZD-50-3 Puchacz 153
SZD-51-1 Junior 150
SZD-55-1 113
SZD-56 Diana 6
SZD-59 Acro 23

PZL-Krosno KR-03A 62

PZL-Swidnik PW-5 Smyk 255
Bielsko 1 PW-5 Smyk 10
PZL-Swidnik PW-6U 20

Swift S1 30

MDM-1 Fox 40

ICA IS-28B2 42

LAK-12 120
LAK-17 40
LAK-19 2
Genesis 26

Centrair Pegase 254
Centrair 201 Marianne 41
Centrair SNC-34C Alliance 42

Avia Stroitel Russia AC-4 65
Avia Stroitel Russia AC-5 31

LET L-13A Blanik 5
LET L-13AC 12
LET L-23 Super Blanik 305
LET L-33 Solo 91

VSO 10 Gradient 39

Total: 8260

Plus any I've missed out. . .

Old December 9th 03, 11:43 PM
Nolaminar

Would that mean that 4000 "buyers" have alos been sellers and have been buying
and selling one or two PW-5's to each other?
GA
Old December 10th 03, 12:07 PM
EUTNET

Thanks Richard

You forgot DG-400 (?) and ultralight sailplanes Alisport Silent (about 40)
Apis (about 10)

Rocco Caruso
____________

MARKET.aero
www.market.aero
The Aviation Marketplace Online

Old December 10th 03, 10:44 PM
Janusz Kesik

U¿ytkownik Richard Cawsey w wiadomo¶ci
do grup dyskusyjnych ...

PZL-Swidnik PW-5 Smyk 255
Bielsko 1 PW-5 Smyk 10

Add to this also:

PW-ULS - experimental design (glider's mass = pilot's mass)
PW-2 Gapa - open cockpit light glider
PW-3 Bakcyl
PW-4

I think the sum of them all should close in 50 gliders.

Old December 11th 03, 01:17 AM
Snead1

Thanks for the glider sales numbers. They are much higher than I would have
guessed.