What to buy at OSH this year?

Old July 1st 05, 04:57 PM
John T

Yes, I'm going to try to make the cookout. You gotta understand though,
that the faceplate will have to come off for accurate measurements. Is
that a "risk" you want to take in the field.

Of course, we could always arrange to get together another time.

John

Old July 1st 05, 07:49 PM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
Thanks, John. When I take the faceplate off all the pushbuttons fall off,
so I really can't mail it to you.

A piece of masking tape over the front of the faceplate and buttons may
solve that problem.
Old July 2nd 05, 04:21 AM
Jay Honeck

Yes, I'm going to try to make the cookout. You gotta understand though,
that the faceplate will have to come off for accurate measurements. Is
that a "risk" you want to take in the field.

Of course, we could always arrange to get together another time.

Or, I could just buy a new PS Engineering audio panel!

But, of course, I suspect your solution is cheaper, if not easier. :-)

Given the fact that this thing has three different colored plastic lenses,
highly detailed labels, and at least four precisely place side mounting
screws on this thing, are you *really* sure you can duplicate it in
aluminum?

How the heck (for example) can you incorporate/fabricate the different
colored lenses for the marker beacons into an aluminum faceplate?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 2nd 05, 05:40 AM
RST Engineering

jay, Jay, JAY, don't start questioning those of who profess the engineering
trade to be taking on a trivial job like this unless you want us to start
questioning how you get the sport spots off the sheets in our rooms.

The fabrication is trivial once you have the dimensions.

{;-)

Jim

Old July 2nd 05, 01:58 PM
Jay Honeck

How the heck (for example) can you incorporate/fabricate the different
colored lenses for the marker beacons into an aluminum faceplate?

jay, Jay, JAY, don't start questioning those of who profess the
engineering trade to be taking on a trivial job like this unless you want
us to start questioning how you get the sport spots off the sheets in our
rooms.

The fabrication is trivial once you have the dimensions.

Ok, okay, OKAY!

I'll just sit back and be amazed, as always...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 2nd 05, 02:27 PM
John T

You mean, how can YOU replicate the colored plastics...

Its your decision.

John