Motor Glider clean up

Old February 13th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Motor Glider clean up

Hi Pilots,

What is the best cleaning product(s) for cleaning up the tailplane and areas behind the engine after operation? I need something that cuts grease and oil better than Wx Block I but will be kind to the gelcoat. What combination of cleaners and conditioners work best? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob Caldwell

Old February 13th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob Caldwell wrote:
Hi Pilots,

What is the best cleaning product(s) for cleaning up the tailplane and areas behind the engine after operation? I need something that cuts grease and oil better than Wx Block I but will be kind to the gelcoat. What combination of cleaners and conditioners work best? Suggestions?

Thanks,

When I called LPS about a good cleaner to use on composites they
recommender:

http://www.lpslabs.com/Products/Indu...ers/citrus.asp

Leaves your glider with that fresh citus smell too :-)
Sell your 28 yet?

Shawn
Old February 13th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob,

I used a good dish soap like Dawn for many years as well as several car
wash products designed to cut grease like Turtle Wax Car Wash. I think
Simple Green make a car wash product that would be fairly easy on the
environment and any wax and gel coat on your plane.

Tim

Old February 13th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob,

The original formula "Go-Jo" hand cleaner (without pumice!) works well on
the Mooney and Husky belly. Just wipe on by hand and then off with a clean
cloth.

Being aware of the problems with many cleaners (409 and even Simple Green),
I tested Go-Jo to be sure it has no unintended negative impact on aluminum.
To do this, I submerged and partially submerged aluminum test strips in the
cleaner for several weeks. No staining or corrosion noted.

Added advantage of Go-Jo is it easily removes 100LL exhaust residue,
something many of the usual cleaners don't do so well.

Have not found the need to do this on the ASH26E, as the engine seems
housebroken and doesn't make a mess.

bumper

"Bob Caldwell" wrote in
message ...

Old February 14th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I use a product called Power Foam, made by Jetstream
Products. It is the ONLY thing I have found that removes
the pyro smoke residue from my wingtips. It also does
a great job of removing jet exhaust residue. Their
Flyer's Speed wax does a pretty fair job as well.
All are approved for airline use.

http://www.jetstreamproducts.com/

Bob C.

Old February 14th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob Caldwell schrieb:
Hi Pilots,

What is the best cleaning product(s) for cleaning up the tailplane and areas behind the engine after operation? I need something that cuts grease and oil better than Wx Block I but will be kind to the gelcoat. What combination of cleaners and conditioners work best? Suggestions?

In our club we use a pink spray that is normaly used to clean the canvas
of trucks. Works great against bugs and oil but I don´t know the name.

Bernhard
Old February 14th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What are you flying Bob?

Andy

Wingtip Vortex: Heavy, Clean, Slow - Why? Eric Nospam Piloting 23 January 21st 05 04:09 AM
Beware Super Clean Jay Honeck Owning 35 July 19th 04 03:27 PM
Need suggestions for clean butt splice for electrical wires. Bart D. Hull Home Built 9 January 30th 04 05:28 AM
Very Clean Fil330 General Aviation 0 October 29th 03 12:53 PM
Need clean 1-26E canopy frame Robert de León Soaring 0 July 22nd 03 07:16 PM