NorCal: Flyable Hot Springs??

Old December 13th 04, 07:33 PM

Default NorCal: Flyable Hot Springs??

Greetings Wise Flyers,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Hot Springs/Spa kind of place
that one can fly to within say 250 NM of Oakland/San Francisco Bay
Area.

Need to score some points with the lady

cheers,

Old December 13th 04, 08:44 PM
Mike Rapoport

If you are just looking for the springs, you can go to Mammoth (KMMH). The
hot springs are a 20min walk from the airport.

Mike
MU-2

ups.com...

Old December 13th 04, 11:22 PM
Larry Dighera

On 13 Dec 2004 11:33:20 -0800, wrote in
. com::

Greetings Wise Flyers,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Hot Springs/Spa kind of place
that one can fly to within say 250 NM of Oakland/San Francisco Bay
Area.

Need to score some points with the lady

cheers,

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.svhotsprings.com/html/fly-n-soak.html
The Fly-N-Soak pilot package consists of a standard or deluxe
villa accommodation and a vehicle. The vehicle will be delivered
to the Surprise Valley airport for your transportation to and from
Surprise Valley Hot Springs and the local area.
“Surprise that special someone in your life.”

Old December 14th 04, 12:41 AM
Gene Whitt

N,
You might call Calestoga City and see if you could use the airport with
prior permission. I was closed to aircraft years ago due to a
poorly executed go-around years ago. Might be made to work on a one time
basis.

Boyles(sp) Hot springs is not too far from Sonoma Valley Airpark. Make a
call and see if you can arrange loaner transportation.

Gene Whitt

Old December 14th 04, 01:45 AM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:41:02 GMT, "Gene Whitt"
wrote in . net::

N,
You might call Calestoga City and see if you could use the airport with
prior permission. I was closed to aircraft years ago due to a
poorly executed go-around years ago. Might be made to work on a one time
basis.

Boyles(sp) Hot springs is not too far from Sonoma Valley Airpark. Make a
call and see if you can arrange loaner transportation.

Gene Whitt

Isn't there geothermal activity around Healdsburg, California also.
There used to be an airport there if I recall correctly. It looks like
it's still the http://www.airnav.com/airport/O31

More information:
http://www.ourhealdsburg.com/history/skaggs.htm
http://www.lanierbb.com/California/Healdsburg/

Old December 14th 04, 02:22 AM
mindenpilot

wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings Wise Flyers,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Hot Springs/Spa kind of place
that one can fly to within say 250 NM of Oakland/San Francisco Bay
Area.

Need to score some points with the lady

cheers,

Wally's Hot Springs in Genoa is about a 5min drive from KMEV in Minden, NV

Old December 14th 04, 04:17 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"mindenpilot" wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings Wise Flyers,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any Hot Springs/Spa kind of place
that one can fly to within say 250 NM of Oakland/San Francisco Bay
Area.

Need to score some points with the lady

cheers,

Wally's Hot Springs in Genoa is about a 5min drive from KMEV in Minden, NV

There is also a hot springs right beside the Sierraville airport, north
of Tahoe.
Old December 15th 04, 02:17 AM
Slip'er

Thanks for that link. Added it to my, oh sh!+ this plane costs a lot,
secret weapons arsenal.

Slip'er

Old December 15th 04, 04:31 AM
john szpara

That's not too bad, but it isn't fancy. And it is "clothing optional."
I've been there a couple of times, and I didn't see anyone walking
around "optional" (and I'm a "clothing" type).

There is also a hot springs right beside the Sierraville airport, north
of Tahoe.

John Szpara
Affordable Satellite
Fiero Owner 2-84 Indy Pace cars, 86 Coupe, 88 Formula 3.4, 88 Coupe, 88GT