Passenger verification?

Old December 14th 04, 01:02 PM
tjones8611

Default Passenger verification?

Is it possible to determine if a person has flown on a commerical plane
within the past three years? Will the major airilines release this
infomration?

Thanks,
Scott

Old December 14th 04, 03:17 PM
Dale

In article .com,
"tjones8611" wrote:

Is it possible to determine if a person has flown on a commerical plane
within the past three years? Will the major airilines release this
infomration?

Maybe. Probably not.

The experience I've had with doing "manifest checks" for passengers is
that the airline may hold a manifest for 30 days or so. As for you
being able to get the info, I doubt it. I could get it only because I
was a police officer with a need for the info.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old December 14th 04, 04:15 PM
Mike Rapoport

"tjones8611" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to determine if a person has flown on a commerical plane
within the past three years? Will the major airilines release this
infomration?

Thanks,
Scott

Possible for you or possible for the FBI?

Mike
MU-2

Old December 17th 04, 04:50 AM
Robert B.

"Dale" wrote in message
In article .com,
"tjones8611" wrote:

Is it possible to determine if a person has flown on a commerical plane
within the past three years? Will the major airilines release this
infomration?

Maybe. Probably not.

The experience I've had with doing "manifest checks" for passengers is
that the airline may hold a manifest for 30 days or so. As for you
being able to get the info, I doubt it. I could get it only because I
was a police officer with a need for the info.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html

Actually, reservations systems are required to keep their passenger manifest
info for a couple years. The airline I worked for kept their info for 4 to
5 years. Yes, it's a TON of data, all kept on tapes in salt mine storage
facilities. Yes, they CAN retrieve that information and are frequently
requested to do so by federal law enforcement. But they CANNOT just do a
check to see if a person flew anywhere. Because of the amount of
information they have, the requests are usually narrowed down to 30 days or
so with a particular name, and POD or POA if not a citypair.