How close would Hawaii have to be...

Old December 10th 04, 10:02 PM
Ben Jackson

Default How close would Hawaii have to be...

How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Current weather in Hilo: 72F, but a bit cloudy...

PHTO 102153Z 31011KT 10SM BKN045 OVC055 22/14 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP205 T02220144

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old December 10th 04, 10:55 PM
Casey Wilson

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Current weather in Hilo: 72F, but a bit cloudy...

PHTO 102153Z 31011KT 10SM BKN045 OVC055 22/14 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP205
T02220144

--
Ben Jackson

Geez, Ben, a question like that prompts an answer like this:

Within fuel range, plus reserve.

Are you trolling?

Old December 10th 04, 11:01 PM

Ben Jackson wrote :
Current weather in Hilo: 72F, but a bit cloudy...

Current weather in Phoenix is almost the same (actually we're at 74F),
plus it's a lot closer (unless you live in Hawaii).
John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old December 10th 04, 11:26 PM
Peter Duniho

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Why do you ask? Have you discovered a way to move the islands?

I'd love it if the Hawaiian islands were closer to here. But I'm afraid the
weather might change if you relocate them. They might not be such a
desirable vacation location after such a big move.

Maybe you should rethink this idea of yours...

Pete

Old December 11th 04, 01:07 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article .com,
" wrote:

Ben Jackson wrote :
Current weather in Hilo: 72F, but a bit cloudy...

Current weather in Phoenix is almost the same (actually we're at 74F),
plus it's a lot closer (unless you live in Hawaii).
John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

And -- Phoenix is right on the beach! Trouble is -- the water is a bit
far away!
Old December 11th 04, 03:00 AM
Blueskies

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message news:C1pud.478300$wV.473371@attbi_s54...
How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Current weather in Hilo: 72F, but a bit cloudy...

PHTO 102153Z 31011KT 10SM BKN045 OVC055 22/14 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP205 T02220144

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

I used to know a couple of folks who flew C-177s over there; they did fly solo and it did take ~24 hours...

Ferry flights you know...

Old December 11th 04, 03:28 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Ben Jackson wrote:

How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Are you planning to move it?

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 11th 04, 05:35 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message

How close would Hawaii have to be for pilots to vacation there in light
airplanes?

Close enough to fly to.

Old December 11th 04, 07:30 AM
PJ Hunt

"Peter Duniho" wrote
Why do you ask? Have you discovered a way to move the islands?

I'd love it if the Hawaiian islands were closer to here. But I'm afraid

the
weather might change if you relocate them. They might not be such a
desirable vacation location after such a big move.

Maybe we could just move California closer to Hawaii.

PJ

Old December 11th 04, 02:00 PM
Jay Honeck

Current weather in Phoenix is almost the same (actually we're at 74F),
plus it's a lot closer (unless you live in Hawaii).

Yeah, Phoenix starts to look pretty nice about now. (Although we have had
another very nice fall here in Iowa, with temps pushing into the upper 40s
almost every day. That's about to change, I suspect...)

Too bad Phoenix is such a blast furnace from April till October.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Comming close Tony Owning 17 May 18th 04 06:22 AM
D.A.: Pilot flew close to airliner John R Piloting 8 February 3rd 04 11:03 AM
Veteran fighter pilots try to help close training gap Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 2nd 03 10:09 PM
PACAF’s Hawaii air ops center sets new goals while adding 109 positions Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 20th 03 09:44 PM
Air Force to cut 297 positions in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 July 26th 03 09:05 PM